Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 368
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kunal2748 Overall a pleasant exp.
It was an amazing experience staying here, good restaurants can be found near by the hotel, commuting is also easy to and from hotel
July 23, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Paz_ Arriving in India
Arrived in India and needed a couple of days to establish travel for other destinations. Staff helped me set up my cell phone service and provided good advice for using Mumbai's transit system. The food was excellent.
July 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by nateemib Great Hotel
even it was just a 1 night stay , the hotel is very nice and not too far from the Airport. The food was fantastic as well
July 21, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by van the Great service
Entire team specially front office the way they take care of our group requirement, however special thanks to aamir duty manager for his support from day one till the end........ great work
July 15, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by TerribleExperience Terrible experience
I stayed for 6 weeks in this hotel and had a terrible experience:
- dirty bed linen incl. spots on cushion cover, mattress sheet and the mattress with about a 40 - 50 centimeter large dirty spots (presumably some human liquid). My advice: check the bed linen before you even start unpacking your suitcase. I saw the big spots after 3 weeks when on a Saturday I was sitting in the room and the room service staff took off the mattress cover. They had to replace the mattress and the cover on top of it - it was that bad.
- dirty spots on the sofa and the small decorative cushions
- almost no hour of the day when you can't hear the cars horning from the nearby main road
- because the area is superbusy with traffic, unless you are used to Indian traffic you are better off staying inside the hotel.
- place is in the middle of about 85 - 90% of slums as far as your eyes can see
- requesting cutlery, room amenities etc mostly requires several phone calls or requests to the room service people until you receive all. I ordered once 2 hand towels and 2 shaving kits and first received 1 shaving kit, about 5 mins later the second shaving kit, and then another 5 mins later the 2 hand towels. One day I asked for a coffee in the night and never got it delivered.
- If you are used to cleaner air, you may get problems with the air conditioning if you stay too long in the room. I used to get a flu every Saturday and Sunday if I did some work in the room for the day. Hotel staff had to clean it three times until the issue was improved. My advice: Put the AC on 23 degrees and Auto setting.
- Whilst making an interim payment, I was about to be overcharged by a few thousand Rupees had I not got a record from my AMEX bank statement. The issue was on the hotel's computer system that had not properly recorded the credit I made which therefore did not appear on the bill and hence the overcharge.
- Food is terrible at the prices charged. Just step outside the hotel , turn left and go up the road straight for about 5 mins. You will find plenty of restaurants offering great quality food at half the price and double the taste. I ordered some mutton meal from the hotel once where some of the "apparent mutton" didn't seem like mutton at all - it was something chewy. I have spoken to many of my colleagues at work and none of them eat at the hotel - everyone eats from the nearby restaurants.
- If the hotel is very busy, you may have to wait to get a seat for breakfast.
- Every time you order a meal or request some room service, you will be called again to check if you received whatever you requested. It may be meant with good intentions, but it really gets annoying after a few times especially if you requested something just before going to bed. You don't want to be called when you are just about to close your eyes, do you?
- The company booked me into the hotel at corporate discount rate so I didn't have a choice, otherwise I would have never stayed in the hotel. There are so many better hotels in Mumbai for this price.
- I requested my room to be vacuumed every day, but despite escalating to management and asking the room service, the room was not vacuumed every day which I also proved to the management and room service staff.
- The air conditioning in the gym was one day not working turning it literally into a steam room - you could not see yourself in the mirror anymore. The emergency phone was not working for me so I had to ask the spa staff 3 times to get someone to switch on the AC until after over 1 hour the issue was resolved.
- Despite being a large hotel with a gym, there is no sauna, steam or jacuzzi
- Staff is friendly and helpful, but lack training to provide a good service and experience to its guests
- The hotel is ok for a one week stay max. For longer stays, you are better off spending the same amount of hard earned cash elsewhere.
July 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Brad 101 Mumbai stay
Nice hotel, attentive staff, only let down is a la carte menu is very limited and not exciting, the food is fine and service is fine
July 12, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rigelmarine Good comfortable Stay
I would suggest Holiday Inn should concentrate on the transport service being offered to the Guest.. I can understand when most of the guest ask for transport services in the morning for drop it will be difficult to manage. Meeting the guest needs has to be our target..Suggest to have more vehicles stand by rather than waiting for the fixed vehicles to come and pick the next guest as it delays the guest to reach the destinations in time.. Also when the guest ask for pick up in the evening the pick up address should be clearly noted.. I had the same situation twice where even after giving the right address and one hour notice the driver still went to the wrong place and I had to wait for more than 1 hour and finally ended up in making my own arrangements to come back..Later it's easy to say sorry but in this competitive market we cannot afford such mistakes then the customers will look for other options particularly when it happens twice..
July 10, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ikimr Good value, close to the airport
The Holiday Inn at Mumbai International Airport is a great place for a quick stop or long layover. The staff are courteous and incredibly hospitable. The rooms are clean, as are the bathrooms. Despite being on a non-smoking floor, my room, the floor and the elevator smelled of smoke. Overall, it's a good hotel especially given the price and location.
July 6, 2015