Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by IHGSecretSquirrel Bit of a mixed bag but overall a positive experience
I work in customer service and have been a loyal Holiday Inn customer staying more than 600 nights in the last 5 years. I always choose Holiday Inn wherever I go.
Overall a positive experience with some niggles around the logistics.
Staff: On the whole, faultless, enthusiastic, engaging but not over-intrusive, Can-Do Promise very evident in all they do.
Check in: Didn't recognise me as a platinum member on two out of three stays until prompted.
I expressed concern that I had not been able to get through by phone to confirm my reservation and got quite a surly response "well, we *were* busy - it was check out time on Sunday".
* Good phone signal and data coverage in all the rooms I stayed in for T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2 (don't ask why I have three data sticks!)
* Parking: more than adequate with good security.
* Local facilities: With a major supermarket and several eateries less than 10 mins walk away a good choice if you like to get out and do things in the evening, 20 mins walk from the town.
* Alarm calls: Two alarm calls didn't happen making me late for work twice.
* News papers: Only received about a half of the time requested.
* Room climate control: The standard rooms have *no* air conditioning.
Great staff, friendly atmosphere.
* Cold buffet: Excellent, great selection, good quality.
* Hot buffet: luke-warm bacon and fried eggs that tasted/looked poached.
Lunch: Restaurant is excellent, food pretty good quality/value - great service.
* Restaurant is excellent, food pretty good quality/value - great service.
* Room service, quick and efficient, food still hot (major bonus!).
I'd love to see more lighter items on the menu.
* Standard Grade: Good comfortable beds, climate control (rather than air conditioning) that doesn't cool. Good standards of cleanliness, housekeeping and maintenance.
* Exec Grade: Effective (if a little noisy) air conditioning. Excellent facilities far in excess of many of the other Holiday Inns I have stayed in (minibar, real coffee maker with real coffee, great work desk with 3 mains sockets). Good standards of cleanliness, good housekeeping standards and standards of repair throughout.
I have been impressed enough to choose this hotel as a long term base for my work for the next few months.
June 12, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by hakimsattar Miserable Git when Checking In
I'm in the Service industry - so I notice great Vs poor service. I arrived around 8pm Sunday evening - the receptionist was on the phone, which is fine, no problem with that, but he first failed to acknowledge me, the least he could have done was eye contact as I was standing right in front of him! He then carried on talking to a previous client about a per authorisation on a credit card that hadn't dropped off! Most people know that this is the norm so why it took him ten mins to explain that to the client on a Sunday evening amused me. After finishing his call he failed to apologise and just acted like I'd just walked in!!!! Then he checks me into a disabled room?!? Poor service all round apart from Breakfast they were great!
June 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wingnut65 Fantastic Service
Staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for us. Our dog stayed with us at the Hotel, it was a great experience and we would definately return.
June 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MICKY57 very clean tidy and comfortable room
A very nicely furnished hotel very clean and tidy. Very comfortable extra large bed would visit again.
June 8, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by garethm Great Stay
Stayed at this hotel on a Friday evening with my two sons before a sporting event at the Nottingham Watersports Centre. Its a great location, loads of parking, great local choice of place to eat you can walk to. Most importantly the staff were great, and we have a good nights sleep. Well done Holiday Inn Nottingham.
June 8, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by robing Cleaner rooms and nice staff
Recommend this place to anyone.. Nice staff, quiet, clean rooms ...
May 22, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Benal Convenient and comfortable
I stayed here as was working nearby. The hotelier is in a convenient location for my business travel with a few nearby places for food and drink. There's a Sainsbury's supermarket and petrol station opposite the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. This hotel is my first choice when I'm working in the area .
The food and drink menu looked like it had a good choice however I did not try it in this visit, will check it out during my stay over the coming weeks
May 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Gavin78 Very nice & well maintained hotel.
We enjoyed our brief stay at the Holiday Inn, Castle Bridge Road, Nottingham. Comfortable & in a pleasant setting near the canal & Retail Park.
Service was efficient & friendly.
May 13, 2013