Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 28
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Figaro69 Great service, comfortable hotel
Efficiency and kindness are defining qualities of the whole staff.
Rooms with private sauna are a real treat.
Location of the hotel gives the best of both worlds : not too far, not too close... from everywhere !
Breakfast : a wide and tasty choice.
July 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tintti Travelling with kids
The staff reserved the rooms we wanted. Rooms were cosy, a bit out of date but everything was working fine. Service was great, staff very friendly, the cleaning lady polite. Playing room for the kids and a big park just beside the hotel.
June 30, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Gampie Poor
I was extremely disappointed at my stay in the Oulu Holiday Inn.
The list of inconveniences was sheer endless:
- Spartan bathroom: no light in the shower, no amenities, emply Kleenex box
- a cheap flimsy curtain that does not stop the summer light coming in at night
- next to the church, so a free wake-up call every night from the church bell
- on night 2, I heard lots of noise with tables and chairs being moved around
- my dinner was served with hard, glazed potatoes
- breakfast: no eggs made to order, a few basic cold cuts, cold boiled eggs, watery orange juice, basic coffee
- the staff didn't know what an expresso was, nor what a decaf is
- complicated internet codes, you need one for each device, and you need to renew it every 12 hours
- terrible music in the bar in the evening
- on day 2, my room access key had been disabled
Was there a positive? I guess the staff at reception were nice.
This hotel is day and night different from the one in Helsinki.
May 21, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BusinessMike Good night sleep
Quick visit (1 night) with good night sleep. No other services used.
May 11, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Guiletta Holiday in holiday time at the Holiday Inn, Oulu
I have stayed at this hotel and returned because the first experience was so good in all areas, but especially dinner and breakfast, which were superb. So, you can imagine my surprise and disappointment to arrive for check in and be told that both the restaurant and bar were closed for the holiday period! There was no mention of this when I booked and I spoke directly with the reception staff. We were pointed in the direction of several 'pubs' for food and told to use the mini-bar if we needed alcohol! As the restaurant was closed this affected the atmosphere in the hotel that we had so enjoyed previously. The pool was open but there were tight time restrictions for using the sauna. So, we came for leisure and pleasure and went away feeling that we got little of either as the hotel was in virtual shut down. That's okay if you know, but it is not okay if you have not been told on booking. Less can be more; on this occasion that was not the case.
April 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by veltinouno Good business hotel
Stayed there already several times.
Good for work and relax in Spa.
Always kind, polite and very helpfull personell.
April 8, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ouluretkeläinen Nice hotel near city centre
Everything was as expected, service might be even better when served with a smile :-)
Breakfast was even better than last time when visited.
April 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Pleasant stay
I stayed here for two night while on business in Oulu. The hotel is clean and very centrally located. It is easy to walk to the center of town from here. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Will be returning for sure.
March 30, 2014