Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 61
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Neil B Great Stay and Location
We stayed at two Paris hotels and this one triumphed the other supposedly "more luxurious" one. They recognized my Platinum Elite status and gave me a top-floor suite which was very roomy for Paris hotels.
The location can't be beat here (right by a major train and metro hub) and by plenty of bistros and shops. It's also a good base for sight-seeing, being close to Notre Dam, the Louvre, etc.
We were able to see the Eiffel Tower from our window which was cool when it lights up at night.
Staff were very friendly. Would strongly recommend this hotel.
February 18, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JC900 Above Average Hotel With Easy Access to the Trains
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room while small was well designed and easily accommodated two adults and several pieces of luggage.
* The hotel had two elevators which were located in separate areas. The first elevator was located closest to the reception desk and was small, but easily fit 3 or 4 adults. The issue was that this elevator was down for maintenance more time that it worked during our week stay at the hotel. In addition, both elevators were down for maintenance one night around 6:00pm forcing everyone to walk up the steps, which while not an issue for myself was an issue for my mom.
* The bathroom door as well as the back of the shower/tub is actually a frosted glass which easily provides a silhouette of anyone in the bathroom which was really weird. In addition, for those who like to keep a bathroom light on during the evening it will easily light up the whole room.
* The housekeeping staff did an okay job of cleaning the rooms, but would often leave cups that were used behind and not replace them, and would not clean the bathroom as thoroughly as housekeeping staff in the Untied States. In addition, the housekeeping staff always insisted on pushing the two twin beds together even though they were made separately, and I had moved them apart multiple evenings.
* The hotel is in what appeared to be a relatively safe area with easy access to the Gare De Lyon which was literally only a 5 minute walk if you take the proper exit from the station which is exit 1. We made the mistake the first day of exiting on the wrong side of the station onto Rue De Bercy which is the backside of the station and walked the wrong way, and thus had issues finding the hotel. The Gare De Lyon station has multiple RER trains as well as several subway stations which always made it easy to reach other parts of Paris, especially the tourist location within 5 - 15 minutes).
* The front desk staff were really helpful, and provided good recommendations for local places to eat as well as answered all of our questions. They do have portable heaters if you need them during the winter as well.
* They recognized our Platinum status by providing us with a room in the front of the building facing Rue Du Lyon which supposedly are the larger standard rooms. They also provided us with the option of 500 points upon check-in or 2 free drinks at the bar.
* The room had a refrigerator and a kettle which worked perfectly. There is a Monop grocery store on the other side of the street about 1 block down halfway to the Gare De Lyon which was really convenient to shop at for various items we wanted to eat/drink. In addition, there was a great restaurant that served a delicious full restaurant down the street as well which was under new management. I believe it was called la Consigne.
* Overall, I felt that this was a great location with easy access to the touristy areas of Paris while also being a more quite area of town. The outside noise was minimal at the hotel and our room had a balcony. However, the walls between rooms is thin as we heard another couple next door having a little too much fun at around midnight.
February 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Near to main station , very convenient
The hotel is very near to the station , very convenient to travel to any part of Paris using the Metro, we even took the train from the near by Gale de Lyon station to Nice and Monte Carlo
February 9, 2014