Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 122
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by IguanaCH Quality hotel in Bastille
This is a high standard hotel in Bastille. It stands in a renovated classical Parisian époque building. Nice rooms, with high resolution flat screen television. Nice bathrooms and shower. Very practical location due to it's proximity to the Gare de Lyon and metro stations.
July 10, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 room features
These comments are just on room features. The not so good: Oddly, the rooms do not have night tables. there was instead a shelf above and behind the bed but that was not a good substitute for even a small bedside table for things like a glass of water, reading glasses, etc. I advised the management of my concern at the time but was told all rooms lacked that feature. Also, the mattress was probably decent for Europe but too hard for my US based body and I (and none of the staff) could figure out how to set the time on the clock). The good: excellent curtains to keep out the light. Towel heater. Quiet (at least for room facing courtyard), despite central location.
July 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Viking1001 Nice stay
Good hotel. Service was impeccable. Enjoyed the location.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jesse6 Great location to Explore Paris from
I met my wife in Paris to explore the city after working elsewhere in France, and was apprehensive to this location having booked sight unseen based on location. This is an excellent hotel, the interior is very cool, almost art deco stairwells and hallways, the room design is great and more room than average Paris hotels. They have a stylish older elevator that is cool, as well as a normal modern one. The big draw is the location, it is great to walk a block over to Gare de Lyon station metro stop and head out to Paris sights, or wander a couple more blocks to go to other metro line stops to better route a way to different points. There are a large selection of cafes and restaurants in the immediate area if you get too caught up exploring and want to eat closer to the hotel later at night. Most importantly, the breakfast/petit dejeuner at the hotel is good, the croissants good a great variety of hot food and the tea selection is impressive. Its hard to sometimes justify the hotel breakfast over a quaint cafe and people watching nearby, but we gladly enjoyed breakfast here before getting an early start out in the city each day.
July 7, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by PETER4893 总体一般
性价比不高，楼下的性用品商店也比较刹风景。 前门的感应系统灵敏度很低， 开门费时间。电梯特别小，标识不明显。没有预先的CHECK OUT 。
July 6, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mike L 500 great location
Perfect overnight stay between Eurostar and TGV.
Excellent part of Paris with lots of local choice for an evening meal
July 3, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JohnB13 Great location near Gare du Lyon
Chose this hotel primarily for the location - train to Torino next day. Friendly efficient welcome. Made use of the bar - again great service. Room very comfortable and well appointed.
June 29, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 方便、干净、服务好
June 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by doug5662 Quick overnight stay to catch early morning TGV
I just wanted a good value hotel near Gare de Lyon since I was catching a TGV early the next morning. This hotel was a surprise and excellent value and a nice place,
June 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jul38 great location
great location, room was clean and had updated decor
June 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Majella59 Lived up to expectations
This was certainly a very pleasant stay in Paris. Location was good and very close to Gare de Lyon. Staff were excellent, particularly one gentleman on the front desk who went out of his way to assist us with our transfer from the hotel to airport. The proximity of the sex shop next door didn't bother us, but may be a concern for others. The only downside there was no real atmosphere in the evening as there was no restaurant, only a bar.
June 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Fmkgb Terrible Internet but Good Hotel
If you are traveling for business or if good internet speed is important to you this is not the hotel to choose. Internet is free to all and thus they provide a very low bandwidth level, even for Platinum guests who are supposed to receive free internet.
Otherwise good hotel, excellent front desk staff. Housekeeping was spotty. One day I received no fresh towels, no coffee/tea refills. Upon notifying front desk they did refresh promptly. Very good location if arriving to Gare de Lyon. Venture off a few blocks into side streets to the east to be in residential areas with good restaurants. Check PUDLO Paris for great restaurant options in the area. Monoprix across street.
June 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Skater Steve Great Location
Excellent location, very modern and comfortable hotel.
June 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PeeL Warm welcoming
as a frequent customer of this hotel since more than 10 years, I actually appreciated the "personnal welcoming" by the staff even very professional.
June 19, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jobush Pretentious and expensive
Only stayed due to French rail strike. Hopefully will not need to stay again.
June 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Joe1204 Great Location close to Train Station
I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last three years and am always pleased with the level of service from the staff. I usually book the King Executive Room and it is more roomy than the others.
June 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Secret Customer 21 Pleasant and comfortable.
We arrived at the hotel, just after lunch, to be greeted with our platinum member status. The rooms were clean and relatively 'up-market'. We used the hotel as a base for a night's stop-over in Paris and it served it's purpose well. Lots of things to do and see from the hotel across to the Eiffel Tower. We took a couple of rickshaws back to the hotel and then went out for dinner. The choice of bars and restuarants nearby is quite impressive with a wide range of tastes catered for. Although the hotel has no parking the nearby Lyon Diderot car park was ideal to park in. Only about 200 metres away from the hotel and at 35 euros a day, not too expensive. The best thing about the hotel is they are 100% pet-friendly, which allowed us to take our dog with us and onwards to stay by the coast for a week.
Thoroughly recommended as a place to use as a 'sight-seeing' base.
June 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by train bleu Paris bei schönem Wetter
Grosser und freundlicher Frühstücksraum. Vielseitiges Buffet für alle Wünsche. Bahn und Metro gut erreichbar ohne Stess.
June 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Hotzi68 comfortable bed and great service
we stay for 3 nights in the hotel. Room very clean, we sleep very well, comfortable bed, service was excellent. In the morning the breakfast buffet was okay, nothing was missing. I can recomment it.
One more the Metro is 300 metre far away.
April 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ricardo13 Great place to stay in Paris.
Great place to stay, close to train station to go around Paris. Great service.
March 31, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by shiba great place and excellent connections to the center
The hotel has a good position, near Gare de Lyon, where you have many connections to center,Versailles by metro or by RER.You can reach Notre Dame Cathedrale by walk in 15minutes.
There is a comfortable bed and pillows and you can have a good sleep. They offer a good breakfast and for the dinner you can order by room service or go outside because there are many restaurants and bistro closely. I definitely recommand this hotel.
March 30, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Cathy999 Great stay!
We recently booked two rooms, when we took our Granddaughter to Paris. The entire experience was wonderful. The staff is beyond compare from housekeeping through the front desk and restaurant. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant, going beyond their normal duties to help with language difficulties, schedules, reservations. Laundry service was swift and excellent.
The bed was great and we appreciated windows that opened. The bathroom lighting was very good. Our only complaint was that we were only offered instant coffee in the room. In the city of love and food, who drinks that?! There is no fitness center but the hotel, while modern and up to date, is in a very old and beautiful building. The location was perfect - a couple of minutes from the Gare de Lyon metro station, an ATM, a market and a dozen or so restaurants. We would certainly stay here again.
March 18, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by calefon excelente hotel
un excelente hotel ubicado al lado de la estación de trenes, no muy central pero ocupando el servicio turístico de L`open tour, quedaras a disposición de todo París este servicio esta a solo a mitad de cuadra del hotel, recomendable 100% por su acogedor personal del hotel, lo que siempre están atentos a cualquier problema y te darán una agradable solución.
March 9, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Neil B Great Stay and Location
We stayed at two Paris hotels and this one triumphed the other supposedly "more luxurious" one. They recognized my Platinum Elite status and gave me a top-floor suite which was very roomy for Paris hotels.
The location can't be beat here (right by a major train and metro hub) and by plenty of bistros and shops. It's also a good base for sight-seeing, being close to Notre Dam, the Louvre, etc.
We were able to see the Eiffel Tower from our window which was cool when it lights up at night.
Staff were very friendly. Would strongly recommend this hotel.
February 18, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JC900 Above Average Hotel With Easy Access to the Trains
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room while small was well designed and easily accommodated two adults and several pieces of luggage.
* The hotel had two elevators which were located in separate areas. The first elevator was located closest to the reception desk and was small, but easily fit 3 or 4 adults. The issue was that this elevator was down for maintenance more time that it worked during our week stay at the hotel. In addition, both elevators were down for maintenance one night around 6:00pm forcing everyone to walk up the steps, which while not an issue for myself was an issue for my mom.
* The bathroom door as well as the back of the shower/tub is actually a frosted glass which easily provides a silhouette of anyone in the bathroom which was really weird. In addition, for those who like to keep a bathroom light on during the evening it will easily light up the whole room.
* The housekeeping staff did an okay job of cleaning the rooms, but would often leave cups that were used behind and not replace them, and would not clean the bathroom as thoroughly as housekeeping staff in the Untied States. In addition, the housekeeping staff always insisted on pushing the two twin beds together even though they were made separately, and I had moved them apart multiple evenings.
* The hotel is in what appeared to be a relatively safe area with easy access to the Gare De Lyon which was literally only a 5 minute walk if you take the proper exit from the station which is exit 1. We made the mistake the first day of exiting on the wrong side of the station onto Rue De Bercy which is the backside of the station and walked the wrong way, and thus had issues finding the hotel. The Gare De Lyon station has multiple RER trains as well as several subway stations which always made it easy to reach other parts of Paris, especially the tourist location within 5 - 15 minutes).
* The front desk staff were really helpful, and provided good recommendations for local places to eat as well as answered all of our questions. They do have portable heaters if you need them during the winter as well.
* They recognized our Platinum status by providing us with a room in the front of the building facing Rue Du Lyon which supposedly are the larger standard rooms. They also provided us with the option of 500 points upon check-in or 2 free drinks at the bar.
* The room had a refrigerator and a kettle which worked perfectly. There is a Monop grocery store on the other side of the street about 1 block down halfway to the Gare De Lyon which was really convenient to shop at for various items we wanted to eat/drink. In addition, there was a great restaurant that served a delicious full restaurant down the street as well which was under new management. I believe it was called la Consigne.
* Overall, I felt that this was a great location with easy access to the touristy areas of Paris while also being a more quite area of town. The outside noise was minimal at the hotel and our room had a balcony. However, the walls between rooms is thin as we heard another couple next door having a little too much fun at around midnight.
February 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Near to main station , very convenient
The hotel is very near to the station , very convenient to travel to any part of Paris using the Metro, we even took the train from the near by Gale de Lyon station to Nice and Monte Carlo
February 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 1234traveller Quiet
Although close to major railway station our room was quiet. Bed was comfortable. Shower great. Nice mini bar.
January 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by GNJ1960 Small room but very adequate
The room was typical Paris. Small but functional. The bathroom could have used brighter light, but again, it was very functional. The staff was great. We got there around 9 am and knew it would be to early for check in. They stored our bags and we wandered around. Came back about noon and the room still wasn't quite ready but within 20 minutes he came to us and was ready to check us in. We never ate at the restaurant so can't comment on that. Seems like many people had the buffet however. Great location close to the Gare de Lyon train station made getting around convenient. Would definitely stay here again.
January 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Frosi57 Great choice hotel in Paris!!!
The size of the suite, location and amenities were perfect for our needs. The bed was very comfortable and the service was great. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was much more than we expected. It was a full breakfast with great choices. I will definitely stay there the next time.Thanks so much to all the staff for all their service, help and suggestions. We enjoyed our stay a great deal.
January 2, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Chervault Great place to stay
Room was quiet despite overlooking Main Street access for Gare de Lyon .
We didn't have breakfast as too expensive at Eur18/pers.
Free Wifi was very poor quality and offered to all residents. Which does not make it a platinum guest benefit.
December 26, 2013