Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 39
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by davidz007 would stayagain
decent hotel at a good price with a good restaurant. would stay again.
January 30, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ezpirit Great staff.
Great staff and comfortable beds.
I recomend this hotel for both buissnes and leisure.
January 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Stanislav perfect dinner and services during eating
Perfect service during eating diner, very tasty meal, clean and romantic restaurant enviroment
January 14, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Karhu Better to choose another hotel in Prague
My first advice is to avoid this hotel.
One of the main problems is that Internet is not working properly (slow and cutting frequently). This is a reason why I wll not return to this hotel. It seems that the hotel does to care about this problem since they will anyway get some package deal tourists (mostly Asians). In general it is strange that in the middle of the congress center area the hotel is focusing on package deal tourists, instead of business people.
Wireless connection is cutting freauently. I asked help from the reception and first I was advised incorrectly that there is some special plug connected to a hotel room phone. Later an IT maintenance man arrived to connect me manually by a cable. He either could not speak English or did not want to speak English. And he could not connect my computer by a cable, and just left my room.
In the following days I had a business meeting via Internet and it was a nightmare since connection was cut 11 times. I contacted again the hotel reception to ask to find the solution. A recetionist said that they know the problem and nothing cannot be done. I asked to meet a duty manager, but I was told that the duty manager will be away more than 3 hours and there is nobody else around. The reception never contacted me back about this problem.
To me it is difficult to find any pros, but I can numerate many cons:
- My membership status was not recognized.
- A room with a connecting door to the next room was given although I had especially agreed beforehand that there should not be a connecting door. Moreover, my wife's name was not filed although it was given via the IHG system beforehand. She was approached in not so polite way at the reception when she checked in later than me.
- A lobby area is full of cigarette smoke. Especially when there many (outsiders'?) meetings happening at nearby tables.
- Wireless internet is cutting all the time.
- Internet by cable is not working.
- Rooms are old and need renovation. Having a poor matress, it is diffucult to sleep properly.
- The hotel is NOT from walking distance from the city center. You always need to use underground.
- Breakfast is made of low cost as possible. For example, juice selection seemed to consist of cheapest possible dilluted juice. Definitely the poorest breakfast I have ever seen in any of the HI hotels I have visited.
January 5, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Tomiak not happy this time
The hotel has its standards, but my stay this time was somehow different. I travel for business, and therefore I must comment on poor internet quality: wifi was disconnecting permanently and wired internet had its limits as well. getting online was a nightmare.
Also, the water temperature in the shower was unstable. Hot water turning cold and switching back and forth agian. Very uncomfortable. The room number was 444.
Not speaking of the fact that the hotel lobby is a smoking area. It smells like cigarettes in the evenings :( Unfortunately, it's the Czech law that permits smoking in such places, including restaurants. But the 4-star hotel should have a special room for smoking that does not bother all guests.
November 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TravellingTeacher Excellent breakfast
I had a lovely weekend's stay at the Holiday Inn. My room was quiet and comfortable, the staff were all very helpful with flawless English and the breakfast was great. My only grumble is that the room was a little over-heated, but that's minor. I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.
November 13, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by HenrikR Excellent service, but average breakfast
I had a problem to get the old fashioned tv-set to work, but the staff did it when asked. The breakfast was a little disappointment, quantity first - never mind the quality style.
October 21, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mak32256 Very poor quality
Booked excutive room , not as described online. Very small room unable to move around everything is old and broken. Internet even though was free keeps cutting of every 2 minutes. They shut off the hot water several times. Front desk poor customer service
October 15, 2013