Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 226
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ron and Joan Great Stay
It was a great value and convenient to the highway
April 24, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by BRachel1 Horrible experience
Could not relax, hotel was under construction even manager stated it was loud in there. Also there was a dirty condom outside the Main Entrance to the Hotel
April 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Azaela Expected Quality
Our experience was comfortable, clean, and friendly. We choose Holiday Inn because we know that we can count on a consistent and pleasant stay no matter where we are traveling.
April 12, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by 'Peter P Loud Children Playing in Hallway
Our experience was unfortunate. There were children running between rooms on the first floor making it difficult to sleep which was all we wanted to do.
April 6, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by angiej463 hotel great, dining room not great
hotel was convenient and nice. However dinner took 35 minutes to prepare 2 soups, and 2 sandwiches. There was only one other couple in the restaurant. Very unsatisfactory!!!
March 26, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by jksdfuio;asdfg Terrible hotel and would never stay again
While checking in the lady that checked in before us got a free breakfast coupon, as I checked in I didn't get anything but a room key. Being that I am a spire member I asked about the free breakfast and was told that spire members only get more points for their stay nothing else. checking into the room the room was clean but the fan on the heater wouldn't shut off no matter what I did. then I walked into the bathroom and saw that it was a handicapped room. this is the only hotel that hasn't offered an upgrade upon checking in. then that evening I went to the shower turned the shower on and waited for warm water to which never came. that happened the whole stay. Now I stay in Holiday Inn hotels about 300 nights a year and if I am ever back in Richmond I will never stay at this establishment.
March 23, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jon EB FAILED to ensure guest satisfaction.
Stayed here on business with 2 other colleagues on Tuesday March 15, 2016. This date is an important part of my review. We were meeting with a client at DLA in South Richmond, so the toss up was between places just south of Richmond or the HIExpress a few miles south of the DLA facility. I picked this HIE because it was on the way down. I stay at many HIE's on business annually, so why would I expect less than good service? Now I know better not to next time. Before I start with the bad, let’s look at the good points:
1) Really good government rate.
2) Walls are not paper thin...can actually sleep well (that or I had considerate neighbors).
3) Complimentary Wifi. Measured on netspeed between 5-7Mps transfer rate.
4) Right off I-95.
5) Room was reasonably clean, save some white residue on the seat of the leather-ish task chair. Ewww.
6) King size bed is clean and mostly comfy. Could be a little more firm.
1) Why is the closet on the wrong side of the room. Instead of near the door, it is on the exterior wall next to the window.
2) Does not have full blackout blinds.
3) Why is there a line 5 people deep between 9pm-1030pm for check-ins? Answer: because there is only one person working the counter. Gotta have at least two..sheesh!
4) This hotel is a much larger than normal HIE - the person at the counter did not even tell me where my room was located so I can park accordingly. I was parked next to the lobby, but I had to wall the full length of hall to the back, then the full length of the rear section to get to the far corner of the hotel. FAIL on the hotel staff.
5) Turns out this HIE does not serve breakfast until 630am...This is the first hotel I've stayed where breakfast was not served at 6am. This 30min made a difference for us because we had to be at the client site at 7am for processing. Good thing McDs was next door.
6) No laundry plastic bag available in room.
7) Why is it so dim in the bathroom? Could use brighter LED lights or even a heat lamp!
8) Whilst in the long check-in line that night, a guy came down from the 4th floor to say his shower was only running tepid warm water. The person at the counter said there water heaters were down and were under repair at the moment..what the heck?!?! Red flag - do not stay here!!! After check-in, for some reason the maintenance guy knocked on my door to see if everything is ok. I mentioned what I heard downstairs about no hot water, and he explained that there was one ignitor or something that was for all the water heaters and it went out. He then explained that he fixed it and the water temp already climbed 20degF so we should be fine by 530am when I have to take a shower. WRONG…the next morning I intentionally ran the shower for 2min to test the temperature and it was NOT hot at all. I turned the shower knob in the other direction (full hot) and the water pressure dropped and I measured it to be 90degF max. I managed to slowly take a shower (couldn’t stand to be constantly in the water stream, just intermittently). The next (and most important) fail was the biggest for this hotel = FAILURE TO ENSURE GUEST SATISFACTION!!!
9) I called the front desk to explain the whole lack of hot water situation to the lady who answered and she had no idea of what I was taking about. I then called her out and said this was an ongoing situation since last nite and she pulls the “ohhh yeah….well I’m only the night auditor and maintenance won’t be in until later on this morning”. Utter fail!!! This is the hospitality industry – I don’t care if this is a 2 star rated hotel, because ensuring guest satisfaction should always be 4-5* minimum!!!! She was somewhat defensive and full of excuses instead of apologizing for the inconvenience and at least make an attempt to get someone out there sooner than later because guess what, a lot of people will be taking a shower this morning in the hotel to a rude awakening of no hot water!!! The fact that the hot water is being stored in water heater tanks at 90degF is a recipe for bacteria/germ growth because it’s not hot enough to kill germs but warm enough to harbor bacteria!!! I went downstairs with my things to check out and then told the lady at the desk about the 90degF warm water and if the health department knew about this, they could shut them down…but she didn’t care. Again, non-apologetic and not proactive in trying to contact people to get the hot water system fixed – same excuses I heard earlier from her!!! Fail.
Sure the water heating system will be eventually be fixed, but with substandard employees working there (who have no clue about ensuring guest satisfaction) - that would be my reason for NEVER coming back. I’m really interested on what Holiday Inn corporate will do (ie compensation) for guests that stayed here this week with no hot water available. I called the hotel back on 3/17/2016 and another lady said that there is a part on order to fix the water heater. If you decide to stay here, the first things you should ask are 1) do you have hot water available and 2) is the room clean???
March 23, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Lolo59 Good location to hwy,
Good location- clean room. The restaurant was under staffed, and we waited a long time for the food, The food was not adequate, pizza was very well done- hard crust, not worth the 16,00. Felt sorry the the waiter, as it seemed short staffed for the amount of people in the bar/ restaurant area. Prefer the Holiday Inn Expresses- as we have stayed at various Express Holiday Inns and enjoyed the stay.
March 22, 2016