Rated 3.0 out of 5 by 80
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SG21 SG21
I am a member of the IHG rewards and fully recommend staying in a Holiday Inn. Great staff, clean and comfortable rooms.
December 8, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by C294 Renovate or Implode
Horrible property. Staff much more involved in their personal business than assisting guests (several occasions). Platinum member...never referred to my name..thanked me for being loyal customer. Room was horrible. Front missing off heating unit.
Generally, just one of the worst HI properties Ive stayed at in a long while.
Totally would not recommend. For me, it was close to meeting. Wont make the same mistake twice.
December 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NPG1 Nice clean Hotel and good service
My experience was excellent.All staff was helpful.Nice & clean room.Surprise to see some negative reviews .
November 26, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Bandicoot Not returning for another visit
Was totally unimpressed with this hotel. I was so glad that we only had one night there and will not be going back again. We had a king sized room. A small list of the issues were:
* No luggage rack in the room so both suitcases ended up either on the floor or the couch (which meant that we then sat on the bed.
* The airconditioning was chronic. It had only two fan speeds - low and high (auto was not working) so it meant that the fan was blowing all the time. On low speed it sounded like a chaff cutter, on high speed it was like a supersonic jet. I had to turn it off halfway through the night so I could get some sleep.
* The chair at the desk was ripped and torn. I only sat on it with a towel on the seat because in places it was through to the foam.
* The bathroom was the size of a mouse hole. Okay, I don't care if a bathroom is small as long as it has the essentials. In this case the basin took up the entire vanity area (they even had a wall rack with the soap, shampoo etc because it wouldn't fit on the vanity. There was no space to put anything down. To reach the toilet paper when sitting on the loo you needed to bend forwards and around a corner to the front of the vanity. And the non skid mat in the bottom of the bath was not stuck down properly, so guess what - it slipped!! The one light in the bathroom was small and yellow so it was totally useless for putting on makeup.
* The room (and hotel) looked tired and run down. Wall paper was peeling off the walls and there was mould marks under the window.
* Dinner time - hmmm - my first choice became a no go when they told me they didn't have the ingredients to make it. I admit my second choice was nice and well cooked. Dessert - there are five choices on the menu. When we indicated that we would like dessert the waitress (who also doubles as the bartender) disappeared, we assumed to get the menus again. No - she came back and told us that there was cheesecake available for dessert. One choice out of five?? Guess what - we didn't have dessert.
* Breakfast this morning - we had to go and ask for our vouchers because we had paid for a room and breakfast package. When we got downstairs for breakfast the lady on duty asked us for our voucher. When we said we didn't have one she told us we would have to pay. We told her we had paid in our room package. We then had to go to the reception desk to get our vouchers. In my opinion the staff member should have a list of those who have already paid and not put the onus back on us to prove that we had paid (in fact we prepaid our hotel six months ago).
So as you can see it hasn't been the happiest of stays. I am a priority club member and stay in Holiday Inn's all the time. In fact I'm sitting in another one while I am typing this review. We are on a 4 week holiday and staying at Holiday Inn properties exclusively. This current hotel is brilliant - it's such a shame that Richmond fell far short of expectations and the quality we have come to expect.
November 25, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by asburyadam ok service, room in disrepair
literally, the bathtub/shower really didn't function well, and every night when I returned to the room, my room key stopped working.
November 23, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 Disrespectful
I have stayed at many holiday inn a before and this one was the worse. I booked over the phone and this was not my first choice but it was available unlike the other holiday inn express that was in town. When I arrived the front desk lady was rude.i reserved a pack and play for my baby and when I asked if it was in my room she looked at me like I was crazy and said I don't know if we got one. Then we went to our rooms to check them out. I asked to have a joining room with my brother because he was gonna babysit one night. They did not give us a joining room. They put us next to each other. My brothers room was not vacuumed and the heater unit was broken. They did replace the unit but we had to leave for an hour. Then I read my information and it said I had to pay for my breakfast. I've never been to a holiday inn that didn't include that. I checked my email and it said we did. Before I went to the front desk I got a dirty pack and play. It was disgusting! Then my shower was dirty as well. So I went to the front desk and the lady was rude again. Said because I was military I had to pay for our breakfast. Then she sent a guy up to hand me cleaning supplies. I had to clean my own room! I did complain to the manager and he gave us a free breakfast and discount for the one night. I was very disappointed in our stay at this holiday inn express
November 20, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by UnhappyPerson2013 Just Plain Filthy
I will never stay at this hotel again. The carpet is aged and worn. I don't understand how does this hotel stay in IHG brand with the condition this hotel is in. No way this hotel should be a 3star hotel. Well let's get to my stay I booked a 2 night stay for business. After the first night stay I went to breakfast that morning. So coming back from breakfast. As I got off the elevator and I met a housekeeper she introduce herself to me and asked what room I was staying in. So I told her what room I was staying in. So she said oh I don't have your room she does. So she walked me over to another housekeeper and said she is the one going clean your room. The housekeeper that was assigned to my room never came to room and cleaned it. Matter of fact Noone ever came to my room and cleaned it.
November 18, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by SCRedneck Quiet with comfortable bed. After that, needs improvement.
Upon checking in, the entrance door area had numerous cigarette butts and paper in front of it. The desk staff did not greet me nor did he acknowledge I was a Platinum Elite member. Guess he was too busy talking on the phone before, during, and after my check-in. The room had a king bed with microwave and fridge; however, it was very dated and definitely needed to be cleaned better. The room had a musty smell, the wallpaper was turning yellow in some areas and actually had bubbles in other areas which appeared to be caused by water damage. The bathroom was dirty and there was dried urine underneath the seat. On the inside of the closet was a seam which was separating showing a 6 to 8 inch hole in length. The tip of the iron was broken which caused a cut in the fabric of my pants and the ironing board had no padding, The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet which were the only plus features. if I have to stay in this area again, I will choose another hotel.
November 3, 2013