Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BT01 Don't Be Put Off By Bad Reviews
After booking the hotel I found quite a few negative reviews, which made me a little apprehensive, but I needn't have worried. This is a big hotel with a large number of guests, and it is inevitable that all will not be satisfied, and those who feel they have a complaint are far more likely to fill out a review than those who were satisfied, which gives a false impression. The hotel is conveniently situated for public transport, and the shuttle is ideal - the driver even making a detour, on request, to drop us off at the Vatican rather than the city centre. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful, the rooms clean and breakfast good value. I would use the hotel again, and recommend it to friends.
May 1, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by farmerjohn professional staff
Hotel Reception Staff Fabio, Daninno and Angelica were outstanding and very helpful!
March 24, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Galelli Excellent place, poorly managed
We were very very upset for the following:
1. The shuttle service was inconvenient to use
2. They charged us 2 Euro for parking because it took us more than 20 minutes to check in (it took the receptionist 25 minutes!! eventhought they kept telling us its ok and you will not have to pay. Have you ever been charged for checking in?
3. Building is poorly maintained
4. How come I do not get miles fro the first night? No one told me that stay is not eligible for miles!!
5. Nothing for being a gold priority, not even a newspaper?
6. Chaging for the internet is kind of a rip-off
January 13, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Peter7 run down rooms (although upgraded) and poor service
full of small annoyances:
- Internet did not work (had to call reception to check registration)
- no shampoo in the room (after requesting one, we got bath gel and had to request once more)
- as platinum member, apparently I got upgraded. I can not imagine standard room, if the upgraded one is small, with no bath tub and pretty used
- no bus tickets at the reception
January 10, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MarieH New Year's Holiday.
Check-in male staff was a bit in hospitable, and put me in the smallest room possible. Plus, one of the dining room waitresses was a bit peculiar too. However, the other staff were absolutely super, Bruno the Bar Manager, Aldo the night concierge and another very glamorous lady on reception, all more than made up for the other two. If there is an attractive price, I will stay there again, as it's not too far from the aiport and bus/metro into the city.
January 8, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Donna2Cait Nice place but bad location.
Where this hotel was located prevented us from fully enjoying Rome. You are put in a gated situation where you could not go out on foot and enjoy the experience. They did supply a shuttle for a reasonable price but you were limited in the times it was available. To take a taxi you paid right at the start to get you turned around in the right direction, making the ride costly. Did not like how you had to pay daily for wifi and were only able to get it in their crowded lobby with all the other loud customers, definitely no privacy. The food was a bit expensive and the bar ran out of food options. There were no Ice machines or vending machines available.
October 29, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Diver21 Holiday Inn Aurelia Rome
The rooms are ok. Very comfortable bed and good air condition. Cleaning service very good. TV channels don,t provide what they promise. Fitness room very good and well maintained. Nice outdoor pool. Great parking spots, however it costs extra money and it seems more outsiders versus hotel guests do park there. Nice to have a shuttle service to downtown. 5 Euro charge is ok. Breakfast is good, nice to have fresh orange juice and typical italian food.
October 24, 2012