Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 186
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LivingInHotels Great food
Attended a party in the events room. Buffett was one of the best I've ever had. Relaxing hotel in general.
January 22, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 comfortable and welcoming
A welcoming comfortable and convenient place to spend a work day evening away from home. Comfortable well prepared room, helpful and friendly staff, good on site service, easy access and parking.
January 16, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Jet8 The usual issues
Please, do the following:
1. Improve the lighting in the bedrooms.
2. Put plugs nearer the beds so I can charge my mobile phone (which is also my alarm clock) next to the bed.
3. Take the baths out of the bathrooms and put large walk in showers in instead, with a decent shelf to put shampoo on etc.
4. Put a mini fridge in the room. I live in hotels on business most of the time - UHT milk is not nice. If you put fridges in the rooms you'll be setting yourself apart from nearly every other hotel in the UK.
5. Check the cost of local similar hotels and charge the same or less. Holiday Inn corporate rate is more than your local competitors. You are charging too much for regular users to keep using you. Why should we? You are not offering anything special that sets you aside from your competitors and they are cheaper than you.
6. Please try to improve the food. For business travelers, every single meal they eat from Sun night to Fri lunch time is cooked by someone else. If you live on pub grub or the equivalent all the time, you just get sick of it. Please, improve the quality of the food being offered and do something different to the same highly processed, mass produced, tasteless gloop that gets served everywhere in UK hotels.
January 16, 2015