Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 1182
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by slreyna Clean, comfortable, and very accommodating and friendly
Very close to Metro station, Capitol Hill, and walking distance to the "Mall" and memorials makes this a great location for anyone to stay. The rooms are comfortable and very clean and the staff very accommodating and friendly, only to further enhance the experience of our business/pleasure stay.
March 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ryanl73 Friendly staff and convenient location
Overall, this was a very good hotel to stay at. My wife and I finally had a "kid free" weekend to spend in the district. The location can't be beat. The check in staff were friendly, as were the restaurant staff. Since it was chilly, we did not use the pool, but they were renovating the pool at this time anyway. Also, the convenience to L'Enfant metro station was fantastic. This allowed us to travel all over the district with ease and speed. As for touring the Mall area, I highly recommend the "Capital Bike Share" bikes. There is a location right north of the hotel.
March 24, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RDD1 DC Stay
Hotel was fine. Hotel was good People were great. no issues to speak of.
March 23, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Decent Stay
Hotel staff were courteous. Room was comfortable, if not a little dated. Skip the Bistro at the hotel...was sad and not good.
March 22, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Super Brit Great hotel
Overall this is a very good hotel with great facilities and staff. The one - and I mean one - downside was the railroad running behind the hotel, which was intrusive to a certain extent.
March 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bixby 12 Good location.
Convenient location to the Mall and Metro station. The pool
March 22, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jiffy123 Too close to the railroad
If you are a light sleeper you will want a room as far away from the railroad tracks as possible.
March 20, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by msmccorm Friendly staff but won't return
This hotel looked like a great place for a family resting spot - close to the National Mall, Metro Station, 2 restaurants on property, dependable Holiday Inn brand. But it was a letdown. The one bright spot was the staff. They were friendly throughout the hotel, dining, housekeeping, front desk. Some specific issues:
* internet in room kept dropping
* great to have an in room fridge, but ours was so loud it kept us up at night
* back side of hotel faces train tracks, very loud
* housekeeping came in and made up the beds, but left the Holiday Inn extra blanket crumpled on the bed
* temperature control in room was impossible - when it was set to 74F it was still pumping in A/C despite the outdoor temperature being in the 30s
* walls very thin between rooms, could hear other's conversations
* if you don't want to eat at the hotel restaurant there is really nothing else other than an office food court (only open week days during the day)
* the beds were hard, bright spot, pillows were comfortable
If you are in town for meetings at the many government offices nearby, this is the location closest.
March 19, 2015