Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 264
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by msommer100 Many Problems
I stayed at the Holiday Inn June 19, 2015 for two nights in Crystal Lake, Illinois, and had the following problems:
• Upon checking in, I was required to agree to follow and to sign a list of guest rules, which were not enforced upon the guests in bar who were screaming at 1 a.m.
• Mattresses on both beds looked well-worn, flat and were very hard.
• The telephone did not work and I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk.
• Displayed the ‘do not disturb’ sign until I left at 10:30 am (June 20), when I put it inside. I came back to the room at 11:30 pm to discover the room had not been cleaned.
• The water had a terrible stink. I stayed in this hotel two years ago and the water was fine. I do not know if this is a city problem or unique to the hotel, but I did not have the issue anywhere else in the area.
When I called the front desk to request clean towels and to inform them that the room had not been serviced, the woman on duty was indifferent.
I left at 3 am June 21, 2015, so I had no opportunity to speak with management.
After arriving home, I called IHG corporate to voice these concerns and, Eddie, the representative, justified or excused everything, except for the condition of the mattresses, which he said would be investigated. He also implied that the room was not cleaned because I used the ‘do not disturb’ sign and missed my opportunity of having it serviced, as housekeeping would not want to disturb me. When I asked Eddie what time the sign should be removed to ensure the room cleaning, he would not answer.
I spoke to him for several minutes, but he kept taking the conversation in circles. I told him I was dissatisfied and wanted a partial refund which he refused. It was a very frustrating conversation. He assigned the case as: i.d. #92354010.
I photographed the service guarantee sign posted in the restroom, which is below:
June 26, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Barry88 Resturant needs help!
You have the most beautiful restaurant,. The room and view are wonderful. Unfortunately the service and food are poor at best. The night of our visit the restaurant was not busy. Our party included two adults and 2 children. The waiter made many errors from drink order to food order. It took us 1 1/2 hours start to finish to eat. The kids ate off of the kids menu the adults had sandwiches...what took so long to be served is beyond me.
We have eaten here before with not much better results. When we have our grandchildren with us it makes it convenient to eat at the hotel. If we stay here again we will have to rethink that!
The rooms were very musty!
Front desk staff was excellent. We needed adjoining rooms which on a very busy night he was able to accommodate. We were very pleased with his ability to make that happen for us.
June 25, 2015