ABSOLUTELY recommend this hotel. Here's why:
- Great customer service at the front desk. Rooms were nicely appointed and modern. The whole hotel seemed new and well maintained. Plenty of security
cameras on the halls, so you feel safe (not that the hotel felt unsafe, it's just something adding extra layer of comfort).
- Room/suite was huge -- pretty much a one bedroom apartment. Full kitchen -- dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge, plates, granite countertops. Furniture was not the typical wood. It was modern style you would use in your home. Even the bathroom sink had one of those waterfall faucets. Big TV and DVD player (free DVDs at the front desk, though rather dated titles). Also environmentally friendly -- there were automatic lights and so forth, and CFL or LED bulbs. Even a remote control for the a/c.
- The towels were probably among the best hotel towels I have ever encountered -- thick and not like those thin ones you typically see at a hotel.
- Free shuttle service to/from the DFW airport and nearby areas was a great feature. DFW is about 15 minutes away, assuming light traffic.
- The included breakfast in the morning was pretty good -- not gourmet, but certainly adequate (and free). Having the "manager's reception" near day's end Monday-Wednesday was a great feature -- pretty much enough for dinner, which is a huge savings. Not a huge variety or anything grand, but certainly something that gets the job done (chicken slider sandwiches and salad were the option the night I ate there). Plus beer and wine.
- Did not need it, but I noticed there were washers and dryers available -- again, for free. No coins needed.
Extremely minor points:
- As long as you are being "spoiled" with the free breakfast/light dinner, they should just leave the soda/juice on all the time so you can get a glass whenever you want.
- Business center was very basic -- two PCs and two printers, which is fine. Would be helpful to have at least a stapler, paperclips, etc. Even a few hotel notepads.
NOTE: If you need to specifically be in downtown Dallas, keep in mind this hotel is about 30-45 minutes away. Mapquest etc. says about 20 minutes, but Dallas traffic was heavy, particularly at peak times. Free shuttle does not go to downtown area. Uber to downtown was about $24.
BOTTOM LINE: Fantastic place to stay, great value for the price, especially if you need to be in the Dallas area for a long time. [Less]