Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 687
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 unexpected quality
I was truly impressed with the hotel, the staff and the services provided. I will definitely stay here again on my travels.
Convenient to airport - free shuttle service
Clean, modern, and compact rooms
Free internet - basic service excellent
Breakfast offered and tasty
I would offer the following areas to review for improvement in the future:
1) the mattresses were acceptable and I realize it is difficult to please everyone but I would recommend that a simple pillow top on the mattresses might help with comfort. Also, having the sheets sewn a the bottom to the bed was not desirable.
2) Having a choice of pillow firmness was the first I have experienced in any hotel. They were a bit flat. I would recommend possible providing the same soft, full pillows on the bed and put the more firm ones (1 set) in the closet with indications to the person staying in the room that they might want to try the more firm pillows.
3) The free internet was perfect -- except I tried to connect via Skype and could not connect, when I called the front desk I was told the internet was blocked by the UAE communications. I asked someone else who worked there and he told me no, it was not blocked. I did not have time to research why but I believe that the basic service offered by the company you receive your internet service from has prevented Skype access unless you sign up and pay. This is fine, but it should be advertised that Skype or other call services can not be completed on the basic internet service during check-in.
4) The guestroom information book could be updated with some more information on restaurants in Dubai nearby as well as the three malls - which ones and times the shuttle will drop and pickup and which ones you need to take a cab. The advertising brochures in the lobby (little cards for guests to see wha tis available) needs to be updated and should focus more on what is available in Dubai - bus tours, malls, Burj Khalifa, ect. I found many things which pertained to Abu Dhabi - maps especially, but none on Dubai.
5) Breakfast was very nice and as always customers would like to see more variety - in this case, I would recommend a couple additions, possibly eggs to order with omelets and pancake or waffle maker.
November 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ravisa Slightly higher priced but good value when considering airport shuttle
Very good staff. Breakfast choice for vegetarians is limited. Lunch / Dinner menu for vegetarians is very bad. Bar menu is probably better but constant. For 1-2 days, no problem at all. Excellent location.
November 28, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by pacman_or Truly Not up to IHG Standards
This particular property isn't really up to IHG standards for Holiday Inn/Express properties. This is the FIRST hotel I have ever stayed in that doesn't provide shampoo AND it doesn't provide a bar hand soap in the bathroom. Additionally, face towels have to be 'requested' from housekeeping - they only provide hand and bath towels, apparently. Would I stay at this property in future - definitely not!!! Other properties nearby DXB offer much better facilities for the price. I'd frankly be hard-pressed to give this Holiday Inn Express anything higher than a 1* rating.
November 25, 2015