Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 147
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Shane059 Very disappointed
Unfortunately this HI Express did not meet the usual standard due to a very poorly maintained room (fridge not working, shelf in bathroom falling off the wall, no cold water in bathroom basin, TV falling off the wall), and the breakfast was just woeful - both coffee machines broken, and the same member of staff working the front desk was also attending to the breakfast bar which meant that food was very slow in coming out from the kitchen, and the bain-marie was continually empty. What little food was available was pretty awful.
Even though the hotel advertises a strict no smoking policy, they allow people to smoke directly outside the front door, which meant that you had to walk through a cloud of smoke every time you entered or exited the hotel.
There are also almost no other restaurants or eateries within close proximity to the hotel.
February 3, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Edwhien Great Service
Great service and hospitality of the staff
Only parking spot is small not enough place
February 1, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Chill DoddyO service at front Desk
Service by front desk was excellent. They are very busy in the morning with the breakfast crowd and check out crowd. they handle it very well.
January 23, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by kwc260 Nice staff. Highly recommended.
Very convenient and comfortable place. The staff are nice, gave me helpful recommendations on restaurants and shopping stores.
January 11, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 A SMART and pleasant experience in a well located hotel
I am pleased to say that my expectations were met during my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin for the following reasons:
* Choosing to stay here is SMART, as you only pay for what you use. Great for those who only need to stay at a hotel as a place to sleep yet in a comfortable, relaxing and pleasant environment.
* Guest rooms are reasonably new, modern, contemporary. Air conditioning was seamless and quiet. Windows are double glazed to keep the traffic noise out. The bed and pillows are very comfortable indeed. Curtains adequately cover the windows, keeping 99% of all light out. All in all, you can be assured of being able to relax, as well as a good night's sleep.
*I loved how I was actually able to wash and dry my own clothes. I found this to be of great benefit. Washer and dryer are of commercial standard. That said, a paid laundry service is available if you simply don't have the time nor inclination to do this.
* I did not try the in-house food, as I prefer to eat breakfast , lunch and dinner at the many other restaurants/cafes/eateries that the cosmopolitan, culinary-rich Jakarta has to offer.
* The location of the hotel in Bunderan H.I. is strategically well considered, as it is one of the best central locations in Jakarta - whether for business or pleasure.
The only negative points are the following:
* Bathroom sink much too small. Too impractical to even have a shave or wash your face, as water splashed everywhere.
* An iron and an ironing board should be a standard inclusion for all guest rooms. My room unfortunately did not have this.
Overall, the Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin was a pleasure to stay at. I will definitely be back. My sincerest appreciation to the genuinely helpful front desk staff that made my stay complete.
January 5, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 great location and comfortable bed
walking distance from the mall and in the heart of th ecity
January 5, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great Business Hotel
Convenient to clients,
Good internet connection,
Clean and comfortable stay,
Friendly and professional staff service
January 1, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RFGUY Convenient
Good location for a visit to the city. Doormen were eager to get me a taxi each time, and i appreciated it. Sewage/drain construction has been going on for some time in front of the hotel. Always a puddle of water there. Only one elevator was operational, and the door opening was painfully too slow. It was like that for a long time. Security feature was bypassed and anyone can access the floor. The other "previously-operational" elevator needed a key to access your floor. Good feature but the elevator now is broken and at least it shows a very nice printed 'under maintenance' signs. Wait is too long with only one elevator operating.
December 26, 2015