Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 457
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Congleton bear Great hotel
Great stay, breakfast area a bit crushed but it was OK
April 27, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JMG3 Great over-night stay
The room was excellent and well-equipped.
The bed was clean and comfortable.
I would have liked a bath but there was only a shower.
No rush as check-out time was generous.
There was no vegetarian option at breakfast and the toast machine was not working properly. However, food was good, hot and well presented.
Thoroughly good value for money (we had late booking discount) and we will definitely use this hotel again.
April 26, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by stephmarie74 poor quality of service - very disappointing
Spent one night (first time) as a family at the HI at Liverpool JL airport and came to the following observations:
- @07:30pm sat at the restaurant facing the lobby. Noone showed up to propose us something to eat for our dinner. The waiters were not visible as well as receptionist there was totally unaware. We left our table that did not seem to much affect the on-duty guest office representative.
- Thin noise insulation within the bedroom. Could hear my neighbour arguing with his wife just too well !
- 2 separate beds plus a water bed in a so-named family bedroom would be more adequate than just two large beds especially when children travelling are teenagers.
- The few 4 seat tables disposed within the restaurant premises were hardly cleared nor cleaned prior to us having our breakfast on the day after. Had to wait for 10 minutes though the dining room was far from being full.
- General impression is that the local managers were more flying away from us clients as interested in our welfare. One exception yet, the young lady who brought supplies to the breakfast buffet was helpful as we questioned her occasionally.
April 23, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by North Wales Traveller Decent airpiort hotel but taxi booking missed out
I have stayed here many times before and it is well located for the airport and city centre by taxi./ The taxi from the hotel to the airport is £5 (2016).
On the last stay the taxi for a 6am flight was not booked despite a detailed conversation about timing with a receptionist the night before. It caused stress but one did arrive in time, the flight was not missed but an example of good luck rather than good planning!
April 22, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by paulapad Clean, comfortable hotel, and lovely staff
I stayed here with my 2 children. We were looked after very well by the staff, who were all friendly and attentive. We loved the buffet breakfast - lots of choice. The hotel was clean and comfortable.
April 15, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Spurs Mad Good hotel
A handy place to stay when visiting Liverpool, easy to find and about 20 minutes drive to the city centre.
April 14, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by eug123 superb helpful staff
an enjoyable stay only one thing wish more choice on the hot breakfast.
April 14, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jay-2016 Great value, good location, comfortable facilities
Family room with breakfast for 4 (2 adults, 2 children) provided great value for money for a 1 night stay. A few more hot vegetarian options at breakfast would have been nicer.
Location, just off the motorway, was ideal for our travel and leisure purposes.
Rooms facilities were comfortable and bathroom was clean. The children found the fold out bed mattress a little thin and soft but it was fine for 1 night.
Overall, a great experience and would recommend this hotel and the hotel group.
April 14, 2016