Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 202
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Smithrus Lovely staff and comfy bed.
It was a lovely room and clean apart from a dirty carpet, big stains on it by the bed. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was lovely and clean. Breakfast was a big disappointment as the advertised as hot food. Sausages were the worst I had ever tried, I couldn't eat them as they weren't cooked properly. The scrambled eggs and beans were ok but couldn't really ruin them! The rest of the food wasn't too bad and a good selection. The check in staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a good spot in the area. You have to park at car park a few minutes walk from the hotel. Apart from needing a carpet cleaner and a lesson in cooking sausages, I would use this hotel again.
27 October 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ruth nina midweek getaway
Perfect place to stay, central Nottingham, reduced parking rates in nearby multi storey car park, we were going to a gig at Capital FM arena and this was within easy walking distance. Good breakfast included in the price...
27 October 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by blue.peter I wish I'd been able to get a room in a different hotel
- Paper-thin walls, with a shouty woman and her equally noisy friends next door.
- Hole in wall. (It was quite high; I've no idea how it had been made)
- Damaged picture left on wall.
- Bedside light not working.
- Carpet worn and in need of a deep clean: it felt unpleasant under bare feet.
- Stair carpet desperately in need of replacement.
- Shower didn't drain properly: I was standing in half an inch of water.
- Leak from the shower cabinet that left a pool of water beside the toilet.
- Extractor fan in bathroom hardly worked; it took all evening to clear the condensation off the mirror after I had a shower at 17.00.
- I wasn't told where or when breakfast was served when I checked in, and had to go back to reception to ask. (In the end, that didn't matter, because I chose to leave without having any breakfast.)
- No printed information about this or any other facilities was in my room.
On the other hand:
- At least the air conditioning worked, albeit with noticeable noise.
- And the bed linen was clean.
I usually choose a different budget hotel chain, and only stayed here because they didn't have a room available. I wish they had.
26 October 2014