Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 136
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AaronY22 Comfortable Stay
While the room may not be very spacious at first glance, effective use of spaces and furniture arrangements make the stay very comfortable. Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay is very conveniently located, and itms really easy to head out to River Point and Clarke Quay area. The price is a bit expensive, but staffs were nice and friendly, overall very satisfactory. Make sure you check the view of the room you are staying in though, as my room was totally visible from the other side, and people walking in the corridors on certain floors had a clear view into my room. Outerward rooms should be better I think.
29 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by little mac 10 Faultless with a clean, fresh environment
Great position for the tourist run, easy access to all transport, healthy fresh food for breakfast
Summary, a fantastic place to chill out after the Europe trip, with the pool being available up to 7pm, very rare.
29 August 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Nicki43 Expensive choice even for location
I booked the hotel, because recently I stayed in another HIEx and was quiet surprised of the good service.
This one at Clark Quay is the total oppostite of other HIEx locations:
1) poor service: we arrived late in the evening tired from another trip and noone cared about helping with the baggage from the Taxi.
2) At the check-Inn only two attendants were working all time, you can imagine that they could not handle any request that came from people which were not checking in or out (the cue was always over 3 people). The attendants themselves were quiet helpful when you finally made it to them.
3) Usually a concierge service should be available to assits with local services. This Hotel has not such Concierge service, or any one helping to get even a Taxi (this was done by the security personnel!)
4) At Check-out date the baggage was stored in the reception Hall! Not in a closed room, as usual in other Hotels! Anyone could come and take your bag away without being noticed (due to the lack of reception desk attendees).
5) Breakfast is poor, with too less room to have a seat for all the guests. No cheese, meats for your morning toast. Even no noodle soup was available.
6) Pool and fitness on top floor. The only thing good about that is the excellent voew you have over Downtown Singapore from Rooftop. The pool is OK if you want to wet yourself on a Hot day, but do not expect to have a good swimming experience (1,2m deep waters) Fitness room is OK. No bar or even drinking expending mashine on the rrof, only a few places to sit; I think only half a dozen could be well accomodated, the rest shall be sitting on the ground or desist of swimming.
As a concesquence: as businnes Hotel not recommended. For extended Holidays other Hotels in the area have a better value. This Hotel is good enough for a overnight stop on your way back home or towards your final destination. Nothing exciting.
28 August 2014