Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 26
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Londonnertrav Could be better
The hotel is OK although not much choices of rooms and as a result no real upgrade as a Platinum IHG Member. The Breakfast is just OK - lacks of choices - staff do try hard though. The gym is fine but if you are interested in body building there are only a few weights and no bench to work from which i thought was a shame.
In terms of value/pricing, I thought it was quite pricey and do bear in mind that you have to pay extra for a double occupancy which is something i have never come across before. In terms of staff, i think they do try hard but i did not like the fact that they wouldn't call you back when they say they will...
I much appreciated the fact that they gave me a more than late check-out as my flight was late...
February 12, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by raemo4u Good location and comfort but poor service
I have informed the hotel well in advance about my taxi requirement for drop to airport.On my check out time they informed me that there was no taxi available and i was in short of time to reach the airport.My flight was at 11:50 and the hotel arranged from outside taxi at 10;50 after lot of discussions.fortunately my flight was delayed by 40 min and i could catch my flight which was the only connecting flight available on that day.I am a Golden Elite member of IHG and still i couldn't get priority check out facility. The hotel needs to take good care of the services they provide and to my rating its really poor.
February 10, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by annonymous01 Suitable for a night stay only
Extremely tiny room.
Towels in the room were not clean.
Variety of breakfast was not great at all. Very limited.
February 10, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by cvhg clean and comfortable room
room was clean,nice and functional.
bathroom was compact and clean.
location was very convenient.
breakfast was good, though the spread was not very large.
laundry though outsourced was very well done. there is a self use laundry in the hotel, which i however did not use.
in-room dining item choice is limited and can be increased.
i would definitely recommend this hotel for a family / business stay at ahmedabad.
January 5, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mind Swapper Please do not choose this! I regret a lot!
I am an Indian Doctor from Singapore and I visited Ahmedabad for a National conference. I booked a stay for 3N/2D.
1. The room was clean and had good ambience.
2. A/c is good.
3. Good location w.r.t. conference site
4. Very courteous & apologising staff.
1. There is no bell-boy to usher you to your room.
2. No bath or hand towels on the 2nd day of our stay. I had to call the housekeeping - no answer. I had to try the front desk 5 to 6 times. It took them 40min to provide me with towels, and after much hullabaloo! And after talking to the manager!
3. Same day: No refill of shower gel. They simply do not check these stuff during making your room. I pointed it out to the front desk personally by going down to meet him. He did not bother. I had to wait for more than 3hrs and then talk to the manager to arrange for one.
4. Same day: The bathroom tissues ran out. They were also not replenished.
5. The complimentary breakfast is so sub-standard that you would lose your appetite. No or few cutlery. No replenishing of food that is being used up. Coffee vendy was not working one of the days.
6. I was happy to check-out of this place! They simply do not know the basics of housekeeping and hotel management. I would never stay there again!
7. In short, the hotel is unable to run smoothly or is simply overwhelmed, if they are occupied considerably (due to the above conference), which is the reason that they gave or I believe. They just can't handle it.
8. The manager apologised a lot and gave me a complimentary offer for a future stay. But am I gonna go there? NEVER! Even otherwise, who would know, if one will goto Ahmedabad again (all the way from Singapore)!
January 1, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Idrees Cozy room however pathetic service
I would not comment much about my recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, but the whole stay would have been great if the people were courties enough. After asking 3/4 times they would pay attention towards you. One time I had asked for a match box and the reception guy clearly refused by saying that we do not have a match box available. The promotions regarding IHG rewards club which were hanging on the lobby walls were expired 3 months ago and they were still there. Even after telling the duty manager about it, they still didn't care.
Overall a pathetic stay.
September 23, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by DOC105 GOOD STAY AT INDIA'S FIRST HI EXPRESS
IT WAS NICE TO EXPERIENCE HI EXPRESS IN INDIA AFTER STAYING AT HI EXP IN UK. THE HOTEL IS ON SIMILAR LINES AS THE UK ONES. CHECK IN WAS QUICK AND PROMPT. HOTEL WAS NICE AND CLEAN. ROOMS WERE GOOD AND DECENT WITH MINIMILISTIC BATHROOMS. SERVICE WAS GOOD. BREAKFAST HAD LIMITED OPTIONS BUT HAD MORE OPTIONS THAN THE ONES IN UK. FOR THE REST OF THE MEALS U HAD TO ORDER FOOR FROM THE RESTAURENT LOCATED ON THE SAN=ME COMPOUND OR FROM MCD OR SUBWAY. ON THE WHOLE IT IS A NICE BUDGET PROPERTY AND THEY SHOULD MAINTAIN COMPETITIVE RATES
September 13, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Balgopal Great Experience
Value for money. Well trained staff. Great location. Good place for business and vacation.
September 4, 2013