Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 311
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by myself24 overall stay
Overall I am very satisfied with hotel facilities, cleanliness and service from the staff
February 2, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Johnny Bench good experience
Nice hotel for a one or two nights stay. Close to train station , metro, airport and close to downtown.
February 1, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Cuillin09 OK If you like a hard matress
In general this Holiday Inn Express is a pleasant enough place to stay with a couple of drawbacks:
1) Beds and pillows are not simply firm they are downright hard
2) My bed was beautifully made on the exterior but the bottom sheet was a crumpled mess - fine if you don' mind sleeping on folds but all three nights I stayed I had to re-make my bed.
3) Shower was fine - but could have done with more head-pressure, also had a tendency to momentarily run cold - I am guessing when another guest turned on their shower and the hot water had to rebalance itself.
4) Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare... a basic continental breakfast with Holiday Inn Express trademark re-constituted fruit juice which tastes almost but not quite, nasty.
5) Apart from one major let-down when checking out, the front desk staff were all very helpful and cheerful: a nice crowd of people.
Overall: For a couple of nights it was absolutely fine - were I staying longer I would look for somewhere further into Amsterdam with significantly more character and more comfortable beds
January 31, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Simone at Philips Great hotel in Amsterdam Arena area
Very new and modern hotel option in the Amsterdam Arena area. Clean, quiet and comfortable rooms which all amenties included (cable, coffee/tea, good shower water pressure). Enjoyed my stay alot!
January 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Excellent value
The room was clean and breakfast was enjoyable. I was satisfied with the bar service in earlier visits. Curtains overlap when closed so makes room more than dark enough to sleep peacefully.
January 18, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Brs66 Great service and clean rooms
The Hotel give a good service in all areas. The romms are nice, clean and comfortable
January 18, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by pasphi bon hôtel à prix raisonnable
Chambre très correcte, bon restaurant, facilités de parking, connexion wifi
January 9, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Doris1924 Unclean room and poor service
After checking in and discovering the front staff could barely speak English we entered our room. Discovered there was no closet or place to put our clothes other than 5 hangers so we lived out of the open suitcase for the 2 days. Opening the curtains we discovered the previous guest's dirty rolled up sock on the carpeting. The front staff laughed when we told them and asked that it be removed by housekeeping. When we asked the front staff if there were any down pillows on the bed due to allergy issues we were told that this hotel wasn't classy enough to offer those. When the lights were on we discovered a full hand print above the headboard on the wall. Dusty lampshades....and they did a great job of blocking out the light with great shades. BUT the clock from the TV stays on all night illuminating the room as if there were no curtains.
The breakfast consisted of cold cuts, cheese, toast and brioche, fresh cut fruit and yogurt....seeing that most clients are tourists one would have hoped for some hot meat such as sausage or bacon and some hot eggs especially since it is winter in Amsterdam right now.
January 4, 2016