Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 61
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Caroleme Awesome
As a business traveler of 28 years, I have stayed in many hotels. We are quick to complain when something is wrong, but I enjoy letting the company know when a visit is so wonderful that I actually hated to leave. What, you may ask, made my visit so memorable? Let me list a few of the reasons:
1. Wonderful staff. This is always a plus with any organization. They greeted me like I was a rock-star. Within the first few minutes, and throughout my stay I was referred to by my name. Chyeene asked me if everything was okay with my room. Did I need directions to my destination? Roland asked if I needed a wake-up call in the morning? He took the time to find a phone number of a business in town that was not listed in the phone book. He also took the time to walk me through a problem with my television. Pete checked me out and actually made me believe that he was sorry to see me go.
2. A HOT tub that actually deserved the name. Not tepid tub, not warm tub, but HOT tub! Thank you Herb!
3. A wonderful breakfast bar that actually took into account business travelers may need to leave the hotel in the morning for their destination at 5:30AM, not 6:30AM. Breakfast was available, hot, and ready for us. The food choices were many and varied. Thank you Breakfast Lady!
4. A clean environment. A comfortable mattress with a choice of pillows. Air conditioning that actually cooled the room.
5. Now lets talk about the extras, not normally available. The Managers treats in the afternoon, with HOT, freshly baked cookies. Coffee available throughout the day.
To sum up my stay at the Athens Holiday Inn Express in one word, "AWESOME" is the word I would choose. This was my first stay here, but hopefully not my last one. Thank you to the Athens Holiday Inn Express staff. You made me feel at home during my stay.
June 29, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WRFW OK but no TV
Our stay was good overall; however, the television in the room did not work at all. Someone from the staff came and took a look at it and apologized that there were no other rooms available because the hotel was sold out.
The clerk did take a small percentage off the bill at check out.
June 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Reallydissapointed Very Nice Hotel, clean, friendly staff
I've stayed in this particular Hotel several times in the past years and have always enjoyed my stay. The only reason I am not recommending this hotel is because of the problem with booking, changing and not being able to acquire a refund or credit for days that I was not going to be there. There was no reason not to make exceptions for this particular stay.
June 24, 2014