Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 344
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dg987 Unfortunately, a 1 night stay
Very impressed with the room and hotel. This was my first exposure to Holiday Inn facilities outside of the US and it definitely influenced by decision on where to stay on my next trip to England. It will be at a Holiday Inn rather than the hotel arranged by my employer.
November 17, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Carri4318 Noisy and cold!
Arrived to a freezing cold room as the window was wide open. Hairs in the shower - yuck!!
Noise from outside was ridiculous, didn't get a wink of sleep.
No reduced rate for parking in the designated car park.
Definitely would not go there again.
November 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mallu Disabled room
Even though the disabled room we had for our daughter who was in a wheelchair, the room (104) did have a annoying smell, also the washbasin tap in the bathroom was rather noisy and was annoying somewhat, really needs to be seen to, but overall happy.
November 14, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Pole67 Good value, Great staff
As someone who stays often in Holiday Inn Express or equivalent you know you are not checking into a top end hotel but then again you are not paying top end prices. All you can ask for is friendly, helpful staff and clean comfortable surroundings and the hotel delivers on that score, especially the staff. Hotel is in a good location, close to rail station and restaurants (where a discount is offered to hotel guests). For a business stay of 1 or 2 nights, it meets my needs and I would return again when in the area.
November 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Media junkie Great value
Very clean, comfortable hotel. Helpful and friendly staff. Good location with car park nearby, restaurants and cinema. Very convenient for city centre and National Media Museum (the purpose of our visit). Good that children up to 17 are allowed to share a family room.
Great breakfast, including some hot items.
November 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by trev1995 Enjoyed it
This hotel is a great location and the staff make you feel welcome. Its an eay thing to do however so many other places dont so its nice to see it here
November 5, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by HartlepoolLad Left a lot to be desired
1) I contacted the hotel numerous times via E-Mail, to ask if an early check-in would be possible. Both E-Mails went unanswered.
2) Arrived at the hotel, and they wanted to take a photocopy of my passport, as I live abroad. This did not make a good impression or make me feel trusted as a British citizen in my own country.
3) I was given an early check-in, even though cleaners were still cleaning rooms, of which I was grateful, so that I could freshen up before my business meeting. Reception asked cleaning staff which rooms were clean and allocated me a room. Upon arrival, the room was not clean at all and I had to return to reception to get different room.
4) I wanted to borrow a pair of scissors to cut tags off my new clothes. Reception staff would not let me take them away because of health and safety reasons (the world has gone mad!!) and so I was forced to bring everything down to reception to cut them off!
5) No bacon! I and my 6 business partners who also stayed at the hotel, were all very disappointed that the hotel did not provide bacon for breakfast. It is a standard part of British breakfasts, and offered by many of Holiday Inn's competitors. Extremely poor for the price we paid for our rooms!
6) Windows were not well sealed, and so I was subjected to the constant humming of traffic from the busy roads outside, and the noise of drunken people. I would have asked for a different room, if I had been staying longer than 2 nights!
7) My room had a locked door connecting to the neighbouring room. This meant that I was disturbed by all the noise from the guests in the next room.
8) Staff could be more professional in handling problems.
9) Not enough electrical outlets. Only one for the kettle, near the TV. None next to the bed. Nowadays, people use mobile phones, tablets, laptops in bed, and it would be better if they could be simultaneously charged and used in bed.
10) Cleanliness could be improved - especially in the bathrooms.
11) Beds and bedding could be better. Nearby competitors have much better beds!
12) Internet connection was very good.
13) Dining area has glass panels that were disgustingly dirty. Staff were also not efficient enough in cleaning tables, especially when it got to the end of the breakfast period. Staff should always try to maintain cleanliness at all times, regardless of how few guests there are.
14) the hotel failed to provide me with an invoice upon check-out, and I forgot it in the rush to get to the airport.
For future business trips, I consider other hotels, and only use Holiday Inn Express as a last resort when everything else is fully booked. A nearby competitor has much better breakfasts and better beds.
November 4, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by TheWiseOwl Absolute bargain
This hotel was booked as an IHG member, meaning it was discounted to £36. Subtract from that a welcome drink, breakfast for two and 20% discount in the nandos next door and this hotel was an absolute bargain.
Special mention to Christy, she was excellent and made us very welcome.
If I am ever in the area again, I will stay here without a second though.
October 29, 2015