Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 659
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by DDSM2014 Parking Lot Floods
This is not a good value for the price! The rooms are dated and not that clean. The parking lot floods and there was no warning given and the staff said "it happens all the time". The location is close to downtown but, not necessarily in the great area.
October 7, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by rhi38 Rooms not as pictured
Hotel is not "downtown". The staff were outgoing, but the room quality was lacking compared to the online photos. The "updates" to the room were minimal. The shower had a large amount of black mold in it. The room was small and the view was of a McDonalds and an empty and not kept lot. We ended up paying more for this room for one night than a room located in actual downtown Charleston. For the quality of the room the price should be nearly half of what it is. Parking is free, but there are not enough spaces when the hotel is full. We originally booked two nights, but left after one night's stay for the purposes of comfort. We were charged extra for our one night's stay since we were cancelling our second night. Being that this occurred over a weekend, and seeing how many occupants were in the hotel, I don't think the extra charge was justified. I could see if it was during the week and the occupancy was minimal. Not a great experience if you are used to a slightly higher class hotel.
October 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bill_1 Nice place to stay
Clean. Friendly. Available parking. Run by solid manager who leads by example and has empowered his staff to take care of clients.
October 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by goodshopper Good stay
We were only there for a quick overnight before flying out of Charleston and it served that purpose. A bit expensive for such a short stay, however, as we were there for only about 12 hours.
October 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by A-Rod12 Outstanding service
The entire staff was outstanding! Starting with the people at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, everyone involved. Southern hospitality at it's best! Extremely helpful in every way. And you just can't beat the free breakfast!
October 3, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by gailbobk disappointed
1. the description left me thinking they were close to downtown and things to do, places to eat. in miles they were but for location, they were near the VA hospital and the low income housing. there were no restaurants within walking distance or anything to do
2. the free trolley, although a great idea, was unreliable
3. this is the first HIE I've been to in quite some time that did not have a refrigerator in the room. I could get one for a $10 fee or if I had been in a room with 2 queens instead of the king, I would have a frig for free
4. the air conditioning unit never stopped, was very loud and did not function properly, the room was very humid. I reported this daily and it was never fixed
5. housekeeping made the bed and changed the towels, but never vacuumed in the 4 nights we were there, never fully restocked the bathroom toiletries or coffee supplies. some days no cups, some no coffee, etc.
6. front desk was very friendly
7. breakfast area was very clean, items were kept fresh and well stocked
8. lobby area was clean
October 2, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Earniep Friendly staff
The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful from registration to check out. More than willing to provide directions and suggest sites to visit. The room was comfortable and clean, although the bathroom was a little small compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses we stayed in. The only con was that the coffee pot had to be moved to find an outlet for it.
September 26, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Calvin11 Nice place
I chose this place because of the proximity to downtown but it was not as expensive as hotels that were a little closer to the downtown activities. I also chose this place because of the continental breakfast and the fact that they are a part of IGH. I am a very active individual so the two mile hike to shops and restaurants was not a problem for me; however, a couple of my friends said it was just too far to walk. So unless you're planning on driving or taking public transportation, you may want to reconsider staying closer to King Street but if you enjoy walking and taking in the sites on foot then this is the place to stay.
September 24, 2015