Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 366
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Whonnock5 Convenient and comfortable
While we wish that we were trusted with drinking glasses other than the flimsys, we do understand that some guests might abuse same, and that sanitation is a factor. However, keeping the flimsys out of our landfills is an issue as well.
The staff at this hotel are superior. Complimentary breakfast is as good as Amazing Grace can make it.
July 25, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JYF54 AS friendly affordable hotel in the Comox Valley
We always enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites Courtenay SW. The location is central with easy driving to Courtenay and Comox. The price is affordable, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff always friendly.
July 21, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AGM2015 the best in the it class
Despite the music festival going on in the area, we never had any issue. the place was packed with no room left empty but staff had the same smile and service level was even better than regular days.
I can not complement the hotel and its staff enough. We tried them four years ago and last week. both occasions were memorable. Considering the number family trips we take every year internationally and domestically, this was a no brainer deal.
I absolutely recommend it for both business and leisure travels.
July 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Omar1963 Great room, better service
Showed up after 10pm without reservation and haggard from the long road at night. The desk clerk made me feel at home and welcome . She had the most caring attitude and kind mannerism. That alone sold me on the rather high cost of the room for the night. The room was large, well air conditioned and so very clean. Excellent in every way. I highly recommend this location for everyone.
July 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by destiny 42 Good family hotel
It was fine and had added to the survey that out last room which was july 16 the rug seemed dirty and not as nice as the room on july 13th
July 17, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by EJNanaimo Excellent location, staff, amenities.
Access to the estuary walking trail at the back door is a real plus for birders. The shuttle service for the Island MusicFest a big bonus for music fans. Rooms are comfortable and well appointment.
July 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MilliesCrew Very Welcoming to Pet Owners
Very pleased with the quality of our room given our pet-friendly request. Often we are relegated to lesser quality rooms in other hotels, but did not feel like the Holiday Inn Express was making an exception for us because we had a pet.
The staff were very friendly, including those working in the breakfast room. We stayed four nights, and felt very welcomed and familiar with many staff the entire time.
Rooms are well appointed and decorated tastefully. Bed was very comfortable, air system worked well, doors shut quietly, nice bath products , very clean. We had everything we needed - breakfast, bike storage, free parking, fitness room, fresh coffee in the lobby, wake up call, laundry, fridge, microwave, ample in-room storage.
Minor recommendations -
1. Add two hand-towel racks mounted onto the front of the bathroom vanity and another large rack on a wall. There are never enough towel racks in hotel bathrooms, which prevent guests from drying towels for re-use. We can't help with energy and water savings if we can't dry towels to re-use them the next day.
2. Install doors on the open closet. Room had a lot of furniture, etc., so this would minimize the clutter feeling.
3. Offer breakfast on weekdays until 10:00 a.m. in the summer. Most guests are on vacation in summer months, and could use the extra 30 minutes as on the weekends. Maybe add organic food and tea options; low-fat or non-fat yogurt; hot, fresh oatmeal (not from a package).
3. Add floor fans into the very warm breakfast room. It was uncomfortable during the hot summer stay; AC couldn't keep up with volume of people and kitchen heat.
4. Add a floor fan in the fitness room. Although the room was very cool - better then most hotel fitness rooms - still would like air movement with fans.
5. Consider a cap on the pet fee rate per night. Most hotels cap at approximately $100. We would not consider an extended stay longer than 6 nights at $15 per night without a fee cap. Would have rated value category a 5 if there were a cap.
July 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by daddym great example of what a hotel should be.
well done. great place to stay for four nights. The only thing i would change would be better blinds to make the room darker. However, we were amazed at how great the place was and it was a nice surprise.
July 14, 2015