Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 99
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by John Dz The hotel needs maintenance attention
1. First, I must say that I posted this problem for a previous visit, and yet again I pulled out a wash cloth from the holder only to find a nice dark hair of questionable origin. The hairs on the floor (yes they were there too) in the bathroom are somewhat understandable, but on the washcloth that I want to wash my face with. It's on a "fresh washcloth"... really. Even a stray long hair (obviously from someone's head) on the counter was understandable, not right or clean, but understandable. I now hate to imagine what else in the room is just as disgusting.
2. It was 85F during my stay, which means the a/c must have been on for the building. So the bearings must be bad or the fan on the roof was jacked up, thus there was a constant banging noise coming from the roof through the walls. I was able to turn on the room fan to cover the noise. Talked to another guy at breakfast and he said that the noise was terrible for him and was running right down the wall behind his head board.
3. The elevator. Seriously, it is so slow and noisy. There are only three floors, it's probably faster to use the stairs (but we humans are lazy). I'm so glad I never get a room next to that thing. One of my friends had to stay near the elevator and never had a restful night sleep.
4. The door keys needed to be reset multiple times during my three night stay. For some reason the codes would drop off the key, and you'd have to go back down to the front desk to get them reset.
5. The WiFi is the worst! You have to walk around the room in order to find the signal, then stay right there and hope the signal doesn't go away. Ohh, but then it does, and you have to search the room again for the new WiFi signal spot. Only to be disappointed yet again. Too bad my tablet doesn't plug into the wall... at least then I might get consistent access to the internet.
6. Only positive note: Your staff at the front desk and breakfast area are awesome. They have to be with the complaints that come in. They are the face of your hotel as everyone complains to them. They all are very nice and helpful. They deserve a raise!
Here is the end result. I would like to gain some IHG reward points as my organization sends me to Enterprise almost once a month. I would be more likely to use IHG with my own family when we go on vacation. However, I'm giving up on IHG! I now book my monthly stay at the other brand hotel right up the street from yours, and I make sure I do it as soon as I can because they fill up every month right away. Honestly, it's no wonder.
March 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Golden14 Front Desk recommendations
During heavy booking times it would be a good idea to provide additional staff to assist with guest issues so that front desk personnel can concentrate on customers waiting to check in.
March 24, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Lexy08 Dissatisfied customer
The room wasn't clean, the carpet smelled like mildew.
March 19, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Brlawyer Overall, the experience was fair to medium
Hallway noise, especially door closings, along with being able to hear conversations in adjacent rooms reflected poor sound insulation, and was disturbing, but was typical of other Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed at.
In-room lighting was unsatisfactory - could not read a newspaper except at the desk, but again typical for this hotel chain.
Towels were completely unsatisfactory, as expected. We have a family description for poor quality towels, "Holiday Inn Towels." The description seems to be well-understood by the public in general.
We consider Holiday Inn Express hotels to be reliable one to two-star overpriced hotels. We were not disappointed.
March 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great Value
I enjoyed my stay at the Enterprise HIExpress. I felt it was a great value. I am very pleased with the hotel condition, the staff and the amenities. I will be using this hotel again next year. How early can I make my reservations?
March 16, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ccorr84 Comfortable room and great breakfast
The HIE is just as great as all the others, I had a great stay. The only thing i will say is that the Internet didn't work the entire time, WIFI or Ethernet , and the phone didn't work as well. other than that the stay was great.
March 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by do not Enteprise
the beds were so comfortable and the staff was wonderful. We will always stay here whe we visit Fort Rucker from now on.
March 10, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by anlinlin Never want to stay in this hotel again
I have been stayed here 11 nights for a business trip. If not with corporate booking, I will for sure find anothe hotel. When I first enter the room, there were hairs on the pillow. The material of the bedding is cheap. The carpet in the room is very very old and ugly. During the stay, sometimes forgot one piece of clean towel for shower, sometimes forgot clean the waste bin. The list of TV chanel says there is HBO, but in reality is no, and even no ABC, some chanels are missing.
March 9, 2015