From tacos and tamales to chicken-fried steak, a world of dining options abounds in Houston downtown restaurants.
Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, our downtown Houston hotels are well-positioned to let you experience delicious choices right outside our doors:
- Café Agora with an old-world atmosphere in which to enjoy gourmet coffee, imported beer and creamy Greek yogurt
- Valhalla, Rice’s Graduate Student Pub, for a cool place to hang out and drink inexpensive draft beer
- Little Bigs for a tasty burger and glass of wine
- Ziggy’s Bar & Grill for made-to-order comfort food and a pet-friendly patio
Shopping & Attractions
With its great mix of down-home music, eclectic art, and diverse shopping, travelers to Houston have plenty of Texas-sized opportunities for fun and entertainment.
From our Houston Medical Center hotels downtown and those near the airports, it’s a snap to experience all that the largest city in Texas offers:
- Learn the secrets of living in space at Space Center Houston
- Add some tunes to your library at Cactus Music, Houston’s first independent music store
- Take a tour of Saint Arnold Brewing Company, the oldest craft brewery in Texas
- Check out the bargains and treasures to be found on Harwin Drive and Harwin Central Mart
- See recycling in action at the quirky Beer Can House, made with more than 50,000 flattened beer cans