Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 278
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BVAV Business Stay
Short, sharp business trip and efficiency and welcome were just right to compliment what I needed.
October 27, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by AUGUST1914 QUIET & TIDY
A really pleasant overnight stay. Hotel clean and tidy.
October 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wooside01 Good accomadation
Good service and accomadation as usual . Have stayed here several times on business
October 27, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Jo27b What happened to the shower
The shower in the room was more like a drizzle. There was also an odd smell when I walked into the room.
Other than that the hotel was everything you normally get at a holiday inn express.
October 26, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tom the Tired A perfectly good place to stay
You stay at a hotel like this because you need somewhere to sleep and you don't want any fuss. It serves that purpose admirably! Well-maintained, clean, efficient. I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the bed was.
The hotel is a little out of the way; if you're driving, it's no problem (and it's close to the motorway), but don't plan on walking into Gloucester unless you've got a good pair of shoes!
October 25, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by AndrewGM Noise and breakfast quality
Noise started at 4.30 and the breakfast quality is very poor considering the standard room rate.
October 25, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Bdarcy Under New (Non Dog-Friendly) Management
Being a platinum member wherever I travel I always prefer to use a IHG brand hotel. This hotel is listed as a “favourite”.
Firstly I have to say we have stayed at this hotel for one but mostly two nights a year for over 5 years. (Sometimes 2 or 3 rooms). Our hobby is dog showing and the main reason for our return has been the warm welcome from the staff and being “Dog Friendly”.
During our stays we have never had any complaints about our dogs or the state of our room after departure. The dogs all sleep in crates and are never let loose on the bed or furniture.
On booking the room I always noted that we had small dogs with us and needed a ground floor. – Below is a summary of our recent visit.
1. On arrival I was asked for how I was going to pay – I said it was a rewards night and would sort out any extras on checkout, “Oh sorry I didn’t see it was rewards night”
2. Our room was only prepared for two - but booked for three = 2 cups, 2 bathroom mugs, no bedding for the bed settee (Usually on top of wardrobe) We asked reception about this – they offered us another room, but as we had put up the dog crates we preferred to stay in the one allocated, she said did we want them to make up the bed for us – I said no problem just give us the bedding and we will do it ourselves.
3. We took the dogs for a walk and returned to our room, the bedding had not arrived; I rang reception who seemed to have forgotten I also mentioned the mugs etc. As it was now 7:30 we wanted to go for our meal at the nearby restaurant, they said they would leave the bedding in our room whilst we were out. I mentioned that the dogs were in the room and in crates so shouldn’t be a problem, we also said were we were going so the new if a problem they could find us.
4. On return to our room we had the bedding, a duvet, sheet and two pillowslips but no pillows! Also no third cup. Eventually this was sorted, for some reason the bed settee was not up to the standard we are used to at this hotel. It was quite difficult to unfold. We are all 50+ ladies and one of us had to sleep on the very hard bed of which the cumbersome metal frame made it very uncomfortable to get in and out during the night.
5. In the morning we took the dogs out to the car and came in for breakfast. We looked for trays but realises that is no longer an option, we prefer to get all we need then sit down, without a tray it makes life more difficult.
6. On checking out I was told we owed £60 for our 5 dogs in our pet room as it would now need a deep clean, Firstly there were 4 dogs in the room in 5, two adults and two pups, the fifth dog (A Male) which must have been counted by a member of staff whilst we were out exercising them stopped in the car all the time. I had looked on the website and had seen that they had reserved certain rooms as pet rooms at a cost of £30- I had not seen it was reduced to 2 dogs. In fact if you click on pet policy it does not say 2 dogs only.
7. I explained to the manager that the main reason we stay at that hotel was it’s dog-friendly status (even though 40 mile from our destination) and have recommended it to others. I eventually agreed to pay £30. I was told this hotel is now under new management and therefore had new policies.
8. Unfortunately dog showing is a costly hobby and we will not be able to afford to stay here again if expected to pay for two rooms and the £60 on top. Its hard enough finding “Dog Friendly” places to stay.
So farewell Gloucester J5 your attempt at alienating Dog folks has worked!
October 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Drummer boy Clean, comfortable and very friendly service
We had a warm welcome back by several of the staff.
Realise most guests only stay a night or two but as we were staying for five nights on this occasion we requested an alternative to pineapple chunks each morning and Karen immediately responded and arranged for us to have grapefruit segments for our last two mornings. Prompt and gracious service.
We visit our daughter and family in Gloucester several times a year and this hotel has become an ideal venue for us as it is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.
Zayana made us very welcome again - she had been very helpful on our previous visit.
Visited Symonds Yat a well known beauty spot which was only a little over 20 miles away.
October 23, 2014