Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 463
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mrma24 Excellent staff
The staff both at the front desk and housekeeping were very helpful and friendly.
February 10, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by childej Zero Customer Service
Poor in almost every aspect. I wrote a very long list down to share. I am VERY loyal to IHG but will never stay at this hotel again. I was treat horribly by multiple staff & people need to be trained to be nice, cordial & professional. I am a gold member & travel for my job & leisure a lot. The Hays Hotel Partners II LP owns & True North Hotel Group is the owner. I recommend new Management & to hire & train employees in providing a favorable experience for the traveler & good customer service.
1. The night of my stay only 8 cars were parked in the hotel lot as late as 11:00 p.m. I asked for an upgrade at check in (I have only asked this 1 other time but many times I have been upgraded by the hotel). I desired a King room instead of 2 queens at the gov't rate & preferably a couch with more room to do work while there & to rest since I left earlier than planned to avoid driving in a blizzard & was going to be their 2 nights instead of the planned one. The guy checking me in didn't tell me he couldn't do this so I was surprised to see the 2 queens & went down to ask & was told the system prevented an upgrade at my rate. Never had been told that before.
2. I was never acknowledged at check in as a gold member.
3. My bathroom door automatically closed & was held open by a trashcan the maid had placed there. I told the front desk & they did say they could move me to another room because of that but I said no since I had a lot of refrigerator items due to health reasons already unloaded & packed full in the refrigerator after I found out I couldn't get an upgrade.
4. I placed a do not disturb sign on the outside of the door. I then had an indifferent attitude with the front desk female clerk that next morning who was the "manager" when I asked how it could be with only 8 cars in the lot that I could not get an upgrade & was told that the king rooms were being "deep cleaned". Every single one was unavailable? I highly doubt that is a true statement. I told her I was a gold member & she said IHG only requires platinum members for an upgrade. I don't know if that has changed recently but I also have never heard of that.
5. I was charging both nights with different credit cards due to coming a day early & needing to ask work to pay for that extra night to avoid driving in blizzard conditions so I went down early that next morning & paid with my personal card & checked back into the same room which would then be charged to my work card. Back in my room I called the front desk & asked about checking out. This was because of poor experience I was having with the front desk & feeling lesser than because I was kept in the "government rate room type" regardless of my loyalty to IHG. I was told I could check out without being charged. I told them I was considering moving out but had to make a call & would let them know. I called a different IHG in another town but their pool was down so I decided to stay put. I still had the do not disturb sign on my door & it was not yet 10:00 a.m. I got a knock on my door from housekeeping. Two housekeepers were there & they wanted to know when I was leaving. The place was almost empty. I ignored that they disregarded the sign & as soon as I said I'm staying I heard a sound of disgust & disappointment. Instead of apologizing for disturbing me & saying that they were happy I was staying longer one of them said rudely & in a demanding tone "You need to call the front desk because they think you are leaving". I hadn't told the front desk I was checking out only that I was considering it & asked would I be charged. It had not even been an hour since I called them but I called down & told the front desk I was staying.
6. After check out time my keys no longer worked in this same room. They did not issue me new keys when I checked back in so yet another mishap.
7. The next morning housekeeping knocked on my door again. It was a different & nicer lady & she apologized when I said I had the do not disturb on the door & she looked down & it had follow & got stuck in the silver door piece at the bottom. Totally not her fault - if everyone had been more like her I would have had a totally different experience.
8. The elevator needs to be adjusted as it drops down & you have to wonder if it is going to open. It does not work right.
9. I went down to the front desk to check out the second morning & tell them the charge on the slip was incorrect. It was left OUTSIDE my door just folded up which I did not mention but was upset since my name & address was on it for anyone to read. I actually heard snickering by the staff behind the clerk when I mentioned the charge for 2 nights one of which was paid already. How unprofessional & immature. The front desk clerk had to look into it & I showed her my receipt from the previous day which showed it paid already. This was corrected.
10. Fri & Sat nights are never available at the gov't rate.
Usually an experience is good or bad based on the people and this place does NOT get this unfortunately!
February 8, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jandbcarrico Great road-trip stop!
Friendly employees, and clean / new hotel! WOuld highly recommend!
February 7, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by lah lah rude, noncaring emplyees
Most all of the staff is rude and really do not care about their job nor know how to treat customers,. Lack of concern to provide a positive experience for the traveling customer. I will chose another hotel but never again this location.
I was not recognized as gold member upon check in
February 5, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jay1946 Excellent Hotel
Although not close to any eating facilities, this hotel was in a very quiet area. The check in person (Tony) was very helpful and the hotel was very clean. I would definitely stay here again if passing through Hays.
February 4, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rn2016 Clean Rooms, friendly service
Enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable.
February 3, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BLY2016 Modern hotel with awesome staff
Staff was very helpful when directing us to local dining, friendly, always handy when we needed them. Comfortable beds, awesome pool area, very handy and easy to use self-laundry facilities. Breakfast area was clean and lots of choices for everyone. Easy to find this hotel, not too close to the highway that you need to be worried about road noise.
February 3, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bneal great hotel
Clean and comfortable. Staff was awesome. Breakfast always a treat. Thanks for a great experience.
February 2, 2016