InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort is located within the exclusive enclave of Taling Ngam Bay on the unspoiled west coast of the tropical resort island of Samui. Renowned as the best spot on the island for sunsets, the resort is set in a quiet, secluded location and offers inspiring views over the Gulf of Thailand and the Five Islands beyond.
The resort is built on a cliff overlooking the sea. On arrival the view from the lobby is breathtaking. The Air Bar is a beautiful place to soak in the view while watching the sunset. We also felt[More]
that the food on the Thai-themed dinner at Amber was very good.
The experience would have been stellar if not for a few hiccups which really should not happen at a hotel of this calibre.
1. Turndown service repeatedly at 6-7pm despite me requesting 9pm on the check-in form. Why bother with this option if it is not followed?
2. Butler service (for club guests) is a bit of a gimmick. We did not see our butler at all during our stay except during tea time. There was no way to contact our butler directly to handle our requests (unlike the Intercontinental Danang, where we were given a mobile phone).
3. There was a wedding on Saturday but we were only informed about this on Friday night. More advanced warning should be given especially since the property isn't big and the noise produced from the event was substantial.
4. Panoramic suites and pool villas list "bliss monkeys" as an in-room amenity but they are actually chargeable! I don't have an issue with this but I suggest removing it from the website.
5. No towels at the main pool at 6pm on 2 consecutive days. That is quite unacceptable.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much but minor issues like the above should have been avoided. [Less]