Rated 3.3 out of 5 by 28
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Captain 381x Great Location and very good service from all staff
Very nice hotel...recently refurbished to good standard....the location is superb for centre of Lille and we will definately use this hotel for our next visit.
September 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by josh1949 Very good experience all round
Excellent accomodation, nice free breakfast and adequate free WiFi in room and lobby. I would like to visit this hotel again.
September 7, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Albert 99 Good location for city centre
We stayed at this hotel for a stop over on the way back to Calais. The rooms were very spacious and clean, and a good sized bathroom and shower. The continental breakfast was minimal but fresh and tasty, the only thing that let the stay down was the bar was closed which is unusual in the middle of August?
August 31, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bloem wet towels
Everything was perfect in the hotel, but.....we could not hang up the wet towels in the bathroom and using them the other day. There was no possibility to hang them up for drying.
Therefore the ask for thinking of the environment was superfluous.
Nevertheless: we will come the next time!!
August 28, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Stuartgf Really convenient
Within easy walking distance of the centre of town the hotel is clean and the breakfast sets you up for the day.
August 16, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Lixie Hotel did it's job
This hotel did pretty well what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn Express & was not far from the centre of Lille so good to use as a base. The main problem for us was that the room was dark & stuffy - we weren't able to lower the temperature or get the air conditioning to work. A Carrefour is next door so very handy for small purchases.
August 12, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by middle aged couple great service and value for money
Near to the old city a very nice modern hotel with really very helpful and kind staff!
Although under construction at the moment this was in no way a bother to us. We for sure will keep it in mind for a next time.
July 27, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by FlyingFinn Construction site and absolutely no status recognition
- I was able to check in and get a room already shortly after 11 AM which was very nice.
- The (cold) breakfast buffet was surprisingly good for a HIX hotel and for France. Plenty of variety and good quality items.
- Location was fine, in Wazemmes, a very short walk away from Place de la Republique which has a metro station. Walking distance to the Citadelle, Vieux Lille and the newer city centre.
- The hotel was basically a construction site. Work was being carried out on a Saturday also.
- Even though there was an air conditioning unit in the room with a control panel it was grossly inadequate for the July temperatures in the 27-30 degree range with thunderstorms and oppressive heat. Sleeping wasn't very easy, even though opening the window helped somewhat (but exposed one to some noise from the outside).
- The room wasn't very clean. There was some disgusting white stuff on the TV remote, I hope it wasn't what I think it was...
- Absolutely no status recognition - as a Gold member I'm used to at least getting greeted as one, usually with a drinks chit (or an offer for points). Not here. Nothing. Nada.
In short it is an okay hotel if you get an affordable rate or can't afford the Crowne Plaza at Lille Europa. Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
July 24, 2014