Rated 3.1 out of 5 by 22
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by middle aged couple great service and value for money
Near to the old city a very nice modern hotel with really very helpful and kind staff!
Although under construction at the moment this was in no way a bother to us. We for sure will keep it in mind for a next time.
July 27, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by FlyingFinn Construction site and absolutely no status recognition
- I was able to check in and get a room already shortly after 11 AM which was very nice.
- The (cold) breakfast buffet was surprisingly good for a HIX hotel and for France. Plenty of variety and good quality items.
- Location was fine, in Wazemmes, a very short walk away from Place de la Republique which has a metro station. Walking distance to the Citadelle, Vieux Lille and the newer city centre.
- The hotel was basically a construction site. Work was being carried out on a Saturday also.
- Even though there was an air conditioning unit in the room with a control panel it was grossly inadequate for the July temperatures in the 27-30 degree range with thunderstorms and oppressive heat. Sleeping wasn't very easy, even though opening the window helped somewhat (but exposed one to some noise from the outside).
- The room wasn't very clean. There was some disgusting white stuff on the TV remote, I hope it wasn't what I think it was...
- Absolutely no status recognition - as a Gold member I'm used to at least getting greeted as one, usually with a drinks chit (or an offer for points). Not here. Nothing. Nada.
In short it is an okay hotel if you get an affordable rate or can't afford the Crowne Plaza at Lille Europa. Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
July 24, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Michiel Still under refurbishment
The hotel is under refurbishment. Which we didn't know. The lounge was very much being worked on. And because of the works the airconditioning wasn't working. And outside it was almost 30 degrees. The second day the very friendly staff member offered us a fan. All together not a very pleasant atmosphere.
July 21, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jame$54 Great Location for Central Lille
Very close to main art gallery and pleasant walk to other central features.
Staff very welcoming and efficient.
Car Park under hotel and slightly tight if you have a large car or lack confidence.
Breakfast acceptable but limited choices. Coffee machines did keep breaking down and do need replacing.
Room comfortable with efficient layout.
Good Indian restaurant a couple of doors away, "Himalayan" but actually Bangladeshi.
Small Carrefour almost next door.
Building works almost complete and unobtrusive.
July 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by palone ranger excellent value
newly refurbished room excellent.No bath though personally never use one . Very large shower with room for two if so inclined. only negative was the a/c not working.The garage was very tight for parking ,fortunately half empty during my stay All the staff were very friendly and were able to offer info on the area. The Hotel is in an excellent position for visiting Lille
July 14, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Tim D Felt like I was staying in a war zone
The facility has construction work on every floor. The elevators were a filthy mess. Felt like I was staying in a war zone. I have never seen anything like it.
May 18, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Noel48 Clean and Comfortable .
The hotel was well placed for the city centre and Christmas market. The room was, comfortable, warm and very clean despite being slightly tight for space. Staff were very cheerful, helpful and friendly. The underground car park was a great asset and anyone with reasonable driving ability would have no problem negotiating the tight corners and spaces. We had an excellent breakfast and plenty of it and enjoyed the house wine and Biere Noel.
The refurbishments taking place look very exciting.
December 11, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 Hotel is worst HI Express
What a disappointment! the hotel rooms are very very tired. They have started refurbishment but should tell you this when booking.
The hotel staff were fine and the manager took my comments on board. I don't think I was the first to complain.
On the plus side the position is good and has a secure car park. (very tight).
I have always championed HI Express as market leaders and our stay at Folkestone the night before confirmed this.
November 27, 2013