Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 84
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SuiteHappy Love the king suite!
We stayed in suite 1010 and will CERTAINLY book this room again! With a king bedroom separated from the living room and kitchen by French doors, we were able to get an amazing sleep. We didn't hear traffic or hallway noise and the bed was SO comfortable. This will be our getaway spot again in the future!
February 26, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by vclortho Slept pretty good, and liked breakfast, but.....
1. Large wet spot on my rug near the bathroom when I arrived in the room. Didn't notice it until I stepped in it and soaked both socks all the way through. Notified staff the next morning - issue was promptly addressed.
2. My wifi signal was so poor (tried using three different devices) that I couldn't stay connected to the internet long enough to open a page.
3. The iron spit out a large quantity of brown crumbs through the steam-holes onto my white shirt when I was attempting to iron - couldn't end up ironing my shirt before heading to work.
4. The coffee maker did not work properly: I had to turn it on to run through a cycle three times to get only one cup of coffee. Before making my first cup, however, water had been sitting inside the coffee maker (apparently put in by a prior guest). When I dumped it out, I noticed several small, brown floating objects that looked almost like some kind of fungus.
5. The night manager insisted on me giving him my personal credit card for "incidentals" after I asked him to simply use the credit card tied to the reservation. There were no incidentals in my room. The fridge was completely empty for the duration of my stay. Today, I found a charge for $44.95 on my credit card and was told that the money would eventually be put back on my card. Huh? So, I'm being charged for incidentals that don't exist? This seems very questionable.
I will not stay at this Holiday Inn again.
February 8, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Qrock Worst experience
I booked a king size room and got a double twin bed, very congested.
The room was extremely cold and the heating was very poor. I slept all night shivering in cold.
February 2, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by GCBrown Fast, efficent, clean for a great price.
This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel. Every time the staff is super friendly which makes checking in and out a nice experience. The hotel is always clean and room conditions are great. The breakfast included is good, it always nice to have eggs included. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the area.
February 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DW78 Extremely Comfortable
I had the best night sleep I have had in a long time. The bed was super comfortable and so were the pillows. It was like heaven. I definitely wanted to stay an extra night just for another good night sleep.
January 8, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Darl Too warm & no clean linen
While we want to be able to stay again, our last stay was less than good. We stayed over the Christmas break and while we understand being short staffed, out towels and linen we're not refreshed over a 3 day period.
There was no apology from staff as we requested clean towels and the room was a little warm.
December 31, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by GRRRR Superb service oriented staff
The staff keeps being extremely service oriented. They really go above and beyond expectations. It keeps me coming back to this downtown hotel. They are friendly and they really look after you.
This has not changed for a year and a half, since I stay here almost every month. The hotel itself is nothing special.
December 14, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ABritishCanadian Friendly, helpful, dependable - and has been for years
In my first few years of visiting London, I tried several hotels in and around the downtown area. However one day I found the HIX London - and from that day on have never had to choose again. It's not just another hotel. Instead, here you will find staff that genuinely care, and are always willing to go the extra to make your stay special. So many wonderful stories to share about the remarkable kindness shown to me over the years of staying at the HIX London - whether it's Ken who helped me to my room after I was checked out of St Jo's hospital at 4:30am after suddenly falling ill, and the staff who then subsequently checked up on me, whether it's Josh who seems to know absolutely every place to eat and drink around town, whether it's Sarah who sweetens my day with dark chocolate gojis.. This hotel exemplifies everything that is great about this city e.g. on my last trip, they jazzed up the already delicious HIX breakfast with locally produced fruit. It is the only hotel I will stay when in London, and to those visiting the area looking for a place, I recommend it most wholeheartedly. To all the staff at the hotel, my sincere thanks for making this my home-from-home in London.
November 30, 2013