Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 130
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MIss RT basic hotel
This is one of the few newer hotels in Minden. It is just a basic hotel: clean, safe, friendly and relatively quiet. Nothing luxurious or special but also nothing to complain about. Yes you can hear the footsteps above you and the showers in adjoining rooms, but overall not bad. Convenient for us because we have relatives in the area and just need a bed to crash in and a shower for the morning. The free breakfast is typical: fine if you aren't a healthy eater, pretty disgusting if you are into ingredients and health. There is a great breakfast place across the street called Cowboy Cafe that is classic breakfast joint.
January 24, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Noni M Just what we were looking for!
Clean nice size room with the amenities we would expect. Price was not out of our budget, when you consider the breakfast that was offered, for a passing through stop.
As we were traveling through, the location was where we wanted to stop. My husband liked the Tractor Store next door.
Breakfast area and lounge area set a warm country tone. The fireplace was a nice touch! Holiday Inn breakfast buffets are great and this one was no exception! Love the warm cinnamon rolls with fresh walnuts to put on the top. Pancakes, sausage, eggs, fruit (not just bananas) , yogurt, typical cereal choices,etc......
The front desk lady was very nice and helpful with ideas of where we might have dinner.
Yes- the next time we are traveling through we would select this Holiday Inn.
January 14, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by bryanst Poor Holiday Inn Express Experience
I've stayed in a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels over the last 4 years and this one provided the worst experience I've ever had with a HIE. I'm very fair in my outlook on things and offer plenty of praise where warranted, but this experience is worth explaining. Hopefully the hotel's management can correct these issues. Here's a list of things that went wrong:
1) It took over 10 minutes to find my reservation and the clerk was not interested in moving very quick. This is really annoying after traveling all day and you want to get to sleep. Most HIE hotels have things ready for you when you arrive.
2) I reserved a Executive King Suite, but they tried to give me a regular King room. They switched me to the correct room once I pointed this out.
3) After entering the room and unpacking, I noticed the carpet was substantially wet and the TV did not work. I reported these things to the front desk and they didn't offer to move me to another room. I didn't press the issue because I was very tired and just needed to get to sleep.
4) The mattress was substantially more worn than one would expect from a HIE. Rows of springs were clearly felt throughout the bed and made for very poor sleep.
5) The furniture in the room was poorly designed and in some cases, not even functional. (See attached pic. Yes, this is the only thing they offer as a table in their Executive Suite.)
6) Even though this appeared to be a newer HIE, the breakfast layout was in a terrible location. Instead of being in an open area, it was tucked into a small nook adjacent to the great room. This left very little space to maneuver in and get breakfast items. May not sound like a big deal, but it caused a huge traffic jam. It took at least 15 minutes of waiting in line to get breakfast. Definitely not an express option here. The lady that was working in the breakfast area was very nice and doing everything she could to make it better for people, but the design layout was causing the problem.
I truly hope the hotel's management staff can correct these types of problems and bring this hotel up to the standards one expects from a Holiday Inn Express.
January 7, 2015