Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 84
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by voicer Extremely loud people all night.
Forgot to mention ..I was going to call the front desk to complain about the noise all night long but the phone next to the bed was not plugged in.
September 10, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ty6rrl Definitely NOT a "10"
There are signs all over the hotel stating that if guests can't rate the hotel a "10" then they are not doing their job. Well guess, what? They didn't do their job. There were many things wrong during our stay at this hotel, but I will highlight the major ones I think are worth mentioning:
1. When checking in, it was very obvious that they did not assign me to the hotel room I booked. I requested an "Executive" room which I knew would be on the 5th floor, but they had initially assigned me to a room on the 1st floor. The only reason it was caught by the staff was because I showed them the reservation email I had printed up in advance.
2. Once we got into the room, I turned down the bed in anticipation of turning in for the night. On the bedsheets were noticeable stains and a few strands of hair. This immediately made me uncomfortable. My husband called down to the front desk to ask for housekeeping to change the sheets, but he was told that they would assign us another bed instead. He was also told he needed to come down to the front desk with the keys and that we can pick up the keys to the new room. We weren't even given a room number of where we would be located. This meant that we had to drag down all of our luggage to the front desk, only to be given a room on the same floor but two doors down. To me, appropriate customer service would have been to send someone up to the hotel room we were currently assigned and exchange room keys to our new room. But alas, this was not customer service at all.
3. After being out for most of the next day, I returned to the room around 5:30 to find that our room had not been cleaned. As I was heading out to pick up my husband, I stopped by the front desk to inquire about housekeeping and was told that they were already gone for the day. I was then asked if we left a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door; which I replied that we hadn't ... and in fact, we didn't even have one in our room. The person at the front desk said he would pass this on to the morning manager and housekeeping in the morning. This meant no clean towels or beds made for the night. Not exactly a pleasant way to return to the hotel after a long day.
4. If that wasn't enough, the next morning I stopped by the front desk before heading out for the day to inquire about having housekeeping come in for the day. The morning manager, right away, said that he was aware of the situation and that housekeeping had told him that there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, which is why it wasn't cleaned. When I had simply reiterated what I told the person last night, that we DID NOT EVEN HAVE a "Do Not Disturb" sign in our room, I was promptly told "That wasn't what the room attendant told me." As a guest at any hotel, that is NOT what a patron wants to hear. Quite frankly, I was just looking for confirmation that the room would be cleaned and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. In BOTH the situations, (#3 and #4), neither one of the front desk personnel even apologized for this mishap.
5. The thermostat in the room did NOT work. Despite reading the directions at the thermostat location AND the air condition unit, we were NOT able to control the temperature in the room. We could turn down the temperature in the room, but it wouldn't allow us to turn it back up if we were cold. This was definitely a pain in the butt, as we found ourselves getting up in the middle of the night to turn on or off the air condition.
Again, there were other things that were not up to our satisfaction (breakfast buffet, interior cleanliness of the hotel), but these are little compared to the absolutely horrendous customer service we received.
If we ever found ourselves in Mississauga again, I would NOT choose this location. Which is sad, because I've otherwise liked any of the other IHG locations I've stayed at.
September 4, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Stevo! Good People & Hotel
My hats off to the bulk of the staff who are accommodating & friendly. Always enjoy Toni & Yvonne at the lounge or breakfast. Only change I would make is in the gym, to get the temperature down some more, it is too hot in there when you work out. Thanks for an enjoyable stay!
September 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aparo Comfortable bed and clean room
I was able to have a comfortable night sleep after a long haul flight, room was clean and quiet.
August 31, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SSilva Great service
Front desk staff and housekeeping staff -very helpful.
August 29, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by chickey2130 Good value for hotel stay.
Hotel was a good value, if you are able to get a group rate or use AAA or Sr. discount, but you should plan on finding other places to eat in the area. There is a market a few blocks away that also has a restaurant that would be worth checking out.
August 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by slick345 Good Location
Room was comfortable and clean. Good location from airport and large food selection locally. Good location for travel as there is also good selection of shopping close to the hotel.
August 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Nicosak Nice place to stay
My wife and I were satisfied with our stay at the hotel because of its cleanliness and the staff's friendliness. The bed is comfortable and the room is spacious enough. The hotel's location offers a relaxed atmosphere. However, it would be nicer if there's a complimentary shuttle service to and from the train station.
August 18, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Fallsgirl Good Sleep, Dark room
Need sound proof rooms, comfortable bed, clean.
Some more extras would be nice, in toiletries or chocolates on the bed.
To make your stay a little more special.
August 14, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SnipeSSN Why did the Holiday Inn have to be closest!
Why did the Holiday Inn have to be closest? I asked myself this when trying to find a room for a last minute business trip. My impression has been that all Holiday Inns are tired and past their prime, a haven for families traveling on a tight budget. Was I pleasantly surprised! I had never flown into the Toronto Airport and could not find the shuttle. I came across a courtesy phone and the young lady at the front desk was able to guide me to the proper place in the airport to catch their shuttle. She even called the driver to give me an estimated wait time. The shuttle driver was very polite and I enjoyed a comfortable ride to the hotel. The staff at check in breezed me through the process, and had everything ready for my arrival. I've stayed at many places that did not start the registration process until I arrived where here all I had to do was hand over my card and sign. Check in was a mere few minutes. Without transportation I had resigned myself to the hotel restaurant and prepared myself for a bland over priced meal. Another paradigm dashed. A small place but clean and neat, with a very friendly staff. I decided to take a chance on Szechuan Lo Mein, hoping for a little bite. Spicey enough to make my nose run after a few bites, and a very filling serving. The room was very clean, and I'm picky about bathrooms and the floor counter and tub were very clean. The towels were very fluffy, and thick and there were plenty. The pillows were incredible, and I really wish I had room to steal a couple. It would have been worth it! I was on an end room by the stairwell, and unfortunately my second night there were a number of kids checked in and they were using the stairways late into the night. Once I realized what it was I was able to tune them out and get a good nights sleep. If I have any complaint it is the area outside the front door that seems to be the defacto smoking lounge. There were butts all over the ground and crushed on the one bench. More of guest than Hotel issue, but it could be spruced up more often.
August 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bergware Great room. Good place to stay
I enjoyed everything about the stay except I had concerns with the breakfast buffet. I normally enjoy cereal or oatmeal in the morning with berries. I'm on a low fat low sugar diet.) The cereal choices were full of sugar and the oatmeal (which I did have) was the most watery oatmeal I have every eaten. Probably had almost 50% more water than it should. Also there were almost no berries on the fruit tray although there was a fair amount of melons.
August 13, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Keefie good value
good location, good value, helpful staff. Staff Recognised that I had stayed there previously
August 6, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Scully12 Not good
Booked a non smoking, non connecting room. When we got there we got a smoking room. We asked to be switched and they gave us a connecting room. We asked again and they had no more rooms. We had to listen to the loud screaming people next door until 3 am. The washroom was dirty ( sink, toilette, tub ) bed was old.
July 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kingstonite Great spot to relax and chill
This was a great clean place so close to everything.
I recommend it highly.
July 21, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by The Kin-keeper Very Good For Small Family Reunions
I hosted a reunion over a weekend at the Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West. I needed modest rates and a free shuttle from the airport.
This hotel was exactly the right size for a reunion of 50 people. The staff were fully engaged in making the reunion a success, which we appreciated.
Not only did the shuttle pick us up when we arrived at the airport; it took me back and forth to pick up and drop off a rental car.
All the staff, including the shuttle driver, were courteous and friendly.
July 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by puffy123 AWESOME HOTEL
The staff was amazing!!!! The breakfast was delicious had a lot of variety. Family friendly within walking distance from fast food restaurants and Popular COFFEE spots.....an hour from Niagara Falls and Aquarium!!!
July 16, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by towser18 noisy bathroom
Normally a reliable place to stay but the noise form the bathroom was just too much. someone had to have complained before and nothing was done. hopefully this comment will make for a better sleep for their next guest.
July 16, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by R-star Great Stay
I truly enjoyed my stay at this location
The staff at this hotel greeted us with smiles, courtesy and respect. Very accommodating and helpful staff.
Hotel is bit old but kept very clean
Will stay again here, (I wish they have a in-door pool)
July 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Peter1013 Review
Nothing to complain about. Everything was OK at the hotel.
July 14, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Soha1 Great Stay
Very friendly staff, clean rooms, close to shopping malls, major highway
July 4, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Editor21 Poor value
Poor value, convenient location, poor service at restaurant and bar, food quality below expectations and prices
July 3, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by officer27 hotel was clean and tidy
hotel was clean and comfortable. I had no issues with the front desk staff, they were kind and helpful. Restaurant and bar lack in the service department. We waited a long time to be able to order and the food took well over an hour and one of the meals never even arrived. Other then that and the issue I posted about the booking process, I had a very nice stay and will stay here again.
July 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by .nil Clean comfortable room - great service delicious food
It was the most enjoyable experience - quiet and comfortable - great place to come home to after a busy conference day - great to look forward to a delicious buffet breakfast every morning and to be greeted by the staff and treated well. Every staff member was friendly and considerate in every way and very helpful.
June 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by leader18 Convenient location
This hotel is located close to the Hershey Centre and a large commercial area. In spite of its proximity to the airport, it was very quiet.. Mostly friendly staff.
Not impressed with service in the bar/lounge
June 20, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dlg1946 Overnight stay, extended parking, good price
I stayed one night at this hotel, and left before breakfast. The staff was friendly and the shuttle service prompt and efficient. My only problem was a certain plumbing fixture which never stopped running.
June 19, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Reanie Great room, very comfortable bed and good service
My first time at this hotel. Desk staff were extremely accommodating and breakfast, included, was quite ample - coffee was great. Bed was very comfortable. Microwave and fridge worked well as did the air conditioning. With the exception of a cleaning staff problem with leaving the room with door open, this was a very good stay. Will be back when in the area again, but will definitely stay at other Holiday Inn hotels.
June 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Sigs7 Very Good Stay
Overall the stay was great. Quiet in the hall and the breakfast was very tasty and filling. A fan in the bathroom would be nice though to get the stream out of the room.
June 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Larivey Toronto
We had made a reservation at another Holiday Inn, but we were able to change that easily.
June 11, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by charml Business week
The overall experience was just OK. The room was clean and quiet. I you are looking for a good night sleep, then I recommend the hotel; however, I recommend making plans to eat elsewhere.
June 10, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Big Fan of IHG Thumbs Down
I guess I was expecting the same quality as we receive at other IHG properties in the area. I was told that I was upgraded to a better room only problem was the Fridge and microwave were not there, in my upgraded room, however the cabinet they use to be in was. I tried to use the FREE wireless, speed so slow all it did is lock up my devices, when I asked about the speed I was told I could purchase faster service, this is when I noticed they sell per day faster service! Good program captured audience!
June 9, 2014