Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 271
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ksworkjems Needs an Upgrade
This hotel needs a serious upgrade. The rooms are old worn and the carpets are stained and worn. This hotel is definitely not up to the standard I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express.
January 23, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by edward881 Was not the Holiday Inn experience I was accustomed to.
Stepping in to this Holiday Inn, I did not feel that same warmth and welcoming vibe I have felt when I have been to other IHG property across Canada and the USA. Perhaps, it was the absence of the Holiday Inn air freshners in the lobby that has been a standard to all my other visits to the Holiday Inn.
The staff and service here are quite well, and they were quite accommodating. However, the room quality is sub-par, and was very run down. I had a 1 bed room suite with a kitchenette, and overall it was underwhelming.
Hotel definitely needs a renovation. I would probably not go back to this IHG property, but would go to another IHG property when I am back in Montreal.
January 23, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Kendrah19 WORST Breakfast and Unknowledgeable Staff.
Things I disliked:
- My mattress was extremely hard and uncomfortable.
- Hot water only lasted 20 minutes. My boyfriend showered for 15, leaving me with 5 minutes of WARM water, and 15 minutes of freezing cold water. I was scared to shower for the rest of my stay.
- Our bathroom sink was leaking. I told the front desk about it (and the shower) and nothing changed.
- Front desk clerks were extremely unknowledgeable about the area. Nobody knew where any food or coffee shops were nearby.
- 'Complementary' breakfast was the worst I've ever had anywhere. The coffee tasted old and bitter. The 'eggs' tasted like rubber. The sausage tasted like a piece of a box. The pancakes were terrible. The only things edible were the orange juice, the bread, and the packaged cream cheese.
Things I liked:
- The staff was friendly, all-in-all. Everyone was bilingual.
- Secure, underground parking.
- Comfortable pillows and blankets.
January 16, 2015