Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 139
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AirAir Good hotel & great location
We found this hotel ticked all the right boxes. Its location was just perfect & the staff certainly made you feel welcome. We will certainly stay here again the next time we are in the area.
September 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by princesslisa1973 stay here and you'll be treated like a princess
5 stars for everything... staff went out of there way to make our stay the best in our whole trip wish we had more time to stay... one night was all we were there but it was great....
August 30, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by shamoys clean and comfortable bed
It's nice stay especially the bed is so comfortable and easy to sleep.
August 29, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Happy Mike Holiday Inn Express® and Suites Newport
Great area. Enjoyed dinner in harbor part of town and a feisty show from the sea lions. Room was great. Holiday Inn Express breakfast is ok at best.
August 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jimz1 Good stuff
Every thing is really good here, except for the internet. It is worse than a public library. I went to Starbucks and the hospital parking lot to be able to have adequate internet access.
August 27, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Climberguy For the Business traveler a substandard IHG property.
Family travelers are not likely to notice much, but the business traveler will
1. Internet is slow. Can't stream anything other than low quality. I called the 888 help number and was told that the Hotel was only allotted 1 meg of bandwidth for the whole facility.
2. Routinely bumped off Internet. This was almost every night, 9 of 10 so far.
3. Poor lighting in the entry of the room. 1 bulb in a multi bulb fixture, very dark.
4. No food amenities in room. If you do take out, every other IHG has a gallon size ziploc with disposable plates, fork etc. Nope, head to the lobby.
5. No dish soap, not even a sample size in the suites.
6. Workout room water machine took a week to fix. The water out was not drinkable, wish I had noticed before the second cupful.....
Families likely will not notice the difference here, the business traveler sure will. Cleanliness was fine, as expected.
Oh, no real view except for the fourth floor backside.
August 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Xanie Good value
Lovely modern hotel ,well priced with all the amenities .Close to harbour and South Beach . Easy access to Motorway, but far enough way from it to obviate noise.
August 21, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jttexas Going the extra mile
Trish at the front desk was so friendly & helpful. She suggested a place for dinner when we asked & it was great! When we asked for help finding accommodations for the remainder of our trip...she went out of her way to check availabilities & prices for us. As a result we spent two more nights in Holiday Inn Express locations during our vacation!
August 20, 2014