Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 202
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Smithrus Lovely staff and comfy bed.
It was a lovely room and clean apart from a dirty carpet, big stains on it by the bed. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was lovely and clean. Breakfast was a big disappointment as the advertised as hot food. Sausages were the worst I had ever tried, I couldn't eat them as they weren't cooked properly. The scrambled eggs and beans were ok but couldn't really ruin them! The rest of the food wasn't too bad and a good selection. The check in staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a good spot in the area. You have to park at car park a few minutes walk from the hotel. Apart from needing a carpet cleaner and a lesson in cooking sausages, I would use this hotel again.
October 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ruth nina midweek getaway
Perfect place to stay, central Nottingham, reduced parking rates in nearby multi storey car park, we were going to a gig at Capital FM arena and this was within easy walking distance. Good breakfast included in the price...
October 27, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by blue.peter I wish I'd been able to get a room in a different hotel
- Paper-thin walls, with a shouty woman and her equally noisy friends next door.
- Hole in wall. (It was quite high; I've no idea how it had been made)
- Damaged picture left on wall.
- Bedside light not working.
- Carpet worn and in need of a deep clean: it felt unpleasant under bare feet.
- Stair carpet desperately in need of replacement.
- Shower didn't drain properly: I was standing in half an inch of water.
- Leak from the shower cabinet that left a pool of water beside the toilet.
- Extractor fan in bathroom hardly worked; it took all evening to clear the condensation off the mirror after I had a shower at 17.00.
- I wasn't told where or when breakfast was served when I checked in, and had to go back to reception to ask. (In the end, that didn't matter, because I chose to leave without having any breakfast.)
- No printed information about this or any other facilities was in my room.
On the other hand:
- At least the air conditioning worked, albeit with noticeable noise.
- And the bed linen was clean.
I usually choose a different budget hotel chain, and only stayed here because they didn't have a room available. I wish they had.
October 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CallyR Great stay!
Attentive and helpful staff, breakfast was good, rooms were clean and rooms were quiet from outside noise. Will definitely use this hotel again
October 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Reisender14 Gutes Stadthotel
Gute zentral Lage, ordentliche Zimmer - jedoch sind diese teilweise renivierungsbedürftig
October 20, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Curly64 Staff very helpful and polite
Ideal location to city, but far enough to have a good night's sleep.
However the stairwell and area before you entre the rooms is very jaded.
October 12, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Mike169 Over night stay in October 2014
We stayed for one night as a overnight stop at the beginning of October. The hotel is centrally located with most of the citys 'main attractions accessible by foot within 20mins, and good transport links for bus/tram etc.
Car parking is off site at a third party site at a discounted price of £8.50 per night.
The hotel room was very quiet even though it looked out on a main road junction.
The rooms' cleanliness was average, the carpet was covered with a mastic like substance, probably from maintainance works, the bathroom had seen better days, but was functional.
Breakfast on the Sunday morning was a bit of a shambles, the food selection was there but the there was a wait of 30mins for the cooked food to come through due to, in the words of the supervisor, a high demand and the no show of two colleagues.
Check in and out was painless..an average experience for an average hotel.
October 12, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by CAD72 Great location, friendly staff but hotel needs an update
Our initial non-smoking room smelled strongly of smoke and there was an unpleasant odour from the bathroom but the reception staff were happy to move us to a new room. The new room was a little shabby and in need of renovation but was comfortable enough. The TV did not work and the reception staff were unable to fix it but did offer a complimentary drink. In addition to this the free wireless access was poor.
On the plus side the staff did try to assist with our problems were they could and were generally very helpful. The hotel is in a great location with shops, bars and restaurants either right outside the door or within a short walking distance. The breakfast was pretty good too with all the usual suspects and also a limited cooked breakfast selection.
If you can look past the condition of the decor then it is a reasonable hotel to spend the night.
October 9, 2014