Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 227
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by David bar Excellent place great value
We stayed 5 nights. A very nice and helpful front desk team. Close to universal and sea world, and the breakfast saves time and money. Clean and comfortable rooms.
April 20, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by tonymac Does the Job and Great Location
Came here with my family who are always wanting good hotels and they were more than happy.
Pool, Breakfast , Location and Internet were good.
Not a luxury hotel but a good standard and great value for the price.
We would stay here again
April 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Randy5908 Add to your Favorites
This property is one of my favorites. The Staff is wonderful. The Location is great, The rooms are well keep and quite
March 30, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ray25 Good Location and good breakfast selection
The hotel is in a great location and the breakfast selection is above average. However, do not leave any valuables in the room when you check out. The cleaning staff do not believe in Lost and Found. If you leave it, then it is lost. Hotel policy is to hold on to lost and found items for 90 days. I Returned same day to retrieve clothing left in the room and no one knew anything about them or their whereabouts. This is despite the fact that no one checked into the room between the time I left and my return later the same day.
March 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PKRiver Clean and comfortable!
We really enjoyed our stay at the I-drive location. I was
extremely impressed by the overall cleanliness. Check-in was a breeze. The staff was pleasant and welcoming. The continental breakfast was great! More than we could've asked for. Thank you for such a great experience!
March 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lainey-Skins Clean & Comfortable-Happy Staff!!
I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express. Location is great!
Clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Will be a repeat guest for sure!!
March 20, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by bjr123 Terrible Sleep - Walls made of cardboard!
On a positive note the staff were nice, room clean - but the walls are so thin we could hear everything and our neigbours were exceptionally noisy - when they were talking we could still hear them :(
March 18, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JenniferM48 Great location and all round good hotel
Stayed here for 5 nights in Feb and really enjoyed it. Have stayed in a different hotel on International drive 2 years ago and the Holiday Inn was so much better in every way. Rooms are very comfortable and very well equipped with everything you may need for your stay and the morning breakfast is a nice touch also. Staff were very helpful on check in. We wont even consider a different hotel should we return to Orlando.
March 8, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Busy11245 Clean and comfortable
The hotel was hard to get to, because of traffic, but once there, it was comfortable, clean, and the staff was very helpful!
March 7, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kewbrick Close to Universal Studios
Stayed here on a recent 2 day visit to Universal Studios. Used points for the night. Hotel was 2 - 3 miles from Universal Studios, set back from International drive. Very convenient location to any of the central Florida attractions. Room was very good, clean and comfortable and perfect for the one night stay. Breakfast was well attended and stocked.
March 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by robert49ers staff
the staff at this hotel are great very helpful and very nice always . i have stayed there like 3 times but they need to improve the gym big time
March 2, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by sexyrunnergirl Staff not friendly
When I checked in to this hotel I had excellent service from a very polite and helpful female staff. I was there for a week and the rest of the staff was very unfriendly and not helpful. When I checked out I was not even thanked for my stay, in fact I do not think the staff even acknowledged me.
March 1, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by ChiGuy Below Average HI Express
In town to attend a Tradeshow. Room was clean and comfortable. However, WiFi was inconsistent at best and non-existant at worst. Expressed concerns to desk staff and they provided me with a hard-wire. Tried to use the Business Center Computers but those did not function properly as well. The Wifi issues made it difficult for me to work after the tradeshow was over each day.
Also many TV Stations did not function and had to call front desk twice to receive a remote for the TV.
I like the HI Express Brand but I have stayed at many HI Express's that are much better than this location
February 16, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by s888 Great location
Excellent location for area attractions.
Staff was very efficient.
Breakfast bar is perhaps the best of any HI Express that I have seen. Large selection and always being attended to.
February 7, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Rubenss Internet
Very bad in the room, many times I went to work in the bath roon,, or on reception
February 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ed642Brooksville Consistantly good
Biz Travelers, if you want to be right on I-drive without having the noise, this place is consistantly up to par. I have stayed here the past 4 years.
January 31, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by djn53 Disappointed
I visited Orlando with my adult son and booked a Standard Room (2 beds). I checked in and nothing was stated about changing or even upgrading me to another room. When I walked into the room, I was shocked that it was a King suite which only had 1 bed and a sofa bed. When I went back to the front desk to air my surprise, the gentleman indicated that they ran out of standard rooms so they upgraded me. Though this scenario would be normally acceptable had I been alone or with my wife, I was not even given an option to decline the upgrade nor was I offered some other alternative. Needless to say I stayed since no other options were available. I could have packed up the car and gone elsewhere but it was late. I feel that as an IHG member (previously Priority Club) I was not treated as I usually am, with respect and being accomodated with comfort. The sofa bed was just that a sofa bed at best and made the stay unpleasant. If you have never slept on a sofa bed it was like sleeping with a bar jammed into your back.
January 29, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by psal2014 vacation
This is my third time staying at Holiday Inn and I will always return once I am in Orlando.
Hotel is clean and spacious, comfortable, access to the I drive and all the eating places.
Management should think about introducing transfers to and from the airport. THis would be an added plus
Overall my stay was excellent
January 29, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Clary15 Very Happy
Really enjoy the time here, this hotel have a great location and is close to everything. Restaurant, parks, attractions, malls are just few minutes distance. Will return soon.
January 25, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by mr15swanson OK service
Staff knew nothing about the Big Win Promo. All my Tv channels defaulted to spanish, which meant I had to push the SAP button all the time. I could hear everyone around me. Staff was not rude....but not friendly either.
January 20, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Seaworldvisitor Great service and clean room
The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I was acknowledged as an IHG member. We were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay here and I will definitely stay here again. The only downside was our room was next to a stairwell and other guests were loud going up and down the stairs. I will stay here again but will make sure to ask for a room away from the stairwell.
January 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Robert73013 very nice hotel in the middle of everything
1st time to stay here and it was a good stay. great value
January 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Waterford Comfortable bed but hard pillows.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows were too hard compared to the Holiday Inn Express in Eugene Oregon. In Oregon, The pillows were labelled either soft or firm, but these were not and just hard.
January 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by sfvac27 Theme parks visit
Not feeling welcome at this property, none of the check in staffs have a smiling on the face through out 5 days. Room is cleaned, quiet and comfortables, with microwave and mini fridge. Free shuttle to Universal 1/2 hour before park open and pick up after park closed. Shuttle is overcrowded at night, and the driver overload guests. Very uncomfortable on the way back to hotel. Overall is good value..
January 14, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 6 m's Clean property, good location
This property is located in the center of most of the places you need in Orlando.
At the time that I stayed the pool wasn't very clean, a lot of leaves etc. in it but the hot tub was very nice.
The front desk staff was polite however not overly helpful with being able to provide info about the area.
January 11, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Bob 13313 Not happy
Room carpet was dirty complained to girl cleaning room after fist night and even showed her the food and hair on floor, she said she would make sure it was cleaned up. Came back for second night and nothing had changed!!!! Also having one elevator was a night mare.
January 9, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JD2013 The worst front desk staff service
This hotel has THE WORST FRONT DESK SERVICE, I have encountered in all my travels. The overall experience rating is a result of the front desk staff. Their indifference attitude shadowed every good thing at this hotel. If there would have been other Holiday Inn Hotels that had an opening, I would have changed hotels. To be fair, hotel itself is nice and the housekeeping and the breakfast area staff were great!
• We arrived at the hotel after dark. The hotel is set back from the street and hard to see and due to the hotel lights were off, it made it even harder to see the hotel. At the Counter I asked the front desk staff, if they knew their lights were not on and the response was; “yes we know.” After mumbling something which was incoherent, he went off to the side room. Lights were on by the time I came back out to the car to unload.
• Key card assigned would not work and had to go back down to get it reset.
• The hot-tub was cold as the pool. After informing the front desk three times over two day period, the hot-tub was still cold. The front desk person had following responses;
“the maintenance staff said, the user did not turn it on and that is why it was not warm.” Was she saying they have an instant hot-tub heater that heats 10 person hot-tub in matter of minutes?
"well it is not going to be like a shower.” Hot-tub means . . . ?
• We decided extended the hotel stay by one night. I confirmed with the front desk person. On the morning of the original checkout date, my wife checked confirmed with the front desk staff. I ended up getting two calls asking when we were checking out.
• At the check out time, the front desk is crowded around with guests trying to turn in their key cards and no front desk person in sight. When the front desk person finally came around behind the wall, people were literally throwing their key cards on the counter.
FRONT DESK STAFF REALLY COULD USE CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING. THE FRONT DESK PEOPLE ARE THE FIRST AND LAST IMPRESSION OF THE HOTEL AND AT THIS HOTEL, THEY TOTALLY BLEW IT!
The hotel is new and very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The elevator can be horrendously slow at times. The house keeping staff was fantastic and very helpful! The breakfast area was busy, but the staff kept the area clean and stocked. They were also very helpful if you needed anything.
The traffic around the hotel can be a pain but manageable, as long as you or the person in front of you is not trying to make a left hand turn. I found it was faster (and safer) to turn right and find a place to make a left turn into a driveway to turn around.
January 8, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by missylita comfotable
Great space ,breakfast was awesome. Staff are amazing
December 28, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ESM54687 Will Definitely Returned
I recently had the opportunity to visit this hotel while on vacation with my wife and cousin. We booked 2 rooms for 9 nights:
- Rooms were clean and well maintained (a TV channel guide was the only item missing)
- Morning breakfast was perfect to get started (I read that some complained the breakfast area was too small \ crowded. I think I counted about 20 tables - most of the crowd was from business people \ families loitering waiting for others in their party to come down from the rooms. Most were nice enough to free up a table if asked... Remember where you are staying and that the peak time to head to the parks is 7:30am-9:00am. All hotels will suffer from this when offering a breakfast)
- Laundry machine (dryer) gremlins were there during my stay. Some days they worked others they did not. I brought this to the attention of the hotel and wasn't expecting anything except my quarters back but they offered to dry my clothes and deliver them to my room using their Housekeeping equipment at no expense to me - that is World Class service!!
- WiFi was flawless!! Just have to remember to re-authenticate your logon periodically
- Pool was too cold to enter but I enjoyed the hot tub on several days. Noise from I4 was noticeable but not intolerable. Hotel may want to look at taller, denser landscape bushes to help with that.
- Elevators are painfully slow
- USA Today available each morning in the lobby
- From the Front Desk staff to the Housekeeping staff to the Pool Cleaning contractors... each and every time I walked by someone they said "hello". Makes a guest feel like they are important.
- Parking area was well lit and amble spaces. I read that non-guests were an issue but I never experienced that.
- The location is perfect and actually quieter than I expected considering it is on International Drive.
- I would have liked to have a second TV in the Living Room area seeing it is a Suite
- The staff is very responsive to issues.... you just have to make them aware and they do listen
- Great Value!
I would absolutely stay here again for both business and vacation!
December 23, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Chris111376 Problems with my room
I see that normally this hotel receives good ratings, but I did not have a great experience here. THe following were problems with my room 1) no luggage stand 2) safe did not work 3) ironing board did not stand up 4) no moisturizer 5) a wake up cal came thru at 7 am when none was ordered. All was fixed by the next day except the safe - that still was not working
This hotel is right off of the expressway and that impacted my low rating for sleep quality - only fair
When this list was brought to the attention of the front staff, no initiative to adjust my bill.
December 16, 2013