Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 107
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Buckettruck Bob Great Staff!
Stayed for four weeks on assignment from work. This hotel is very clean and up to date. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and made the stay very nice. The breakfast was hot and plentiful, and on several evenings they held a "happy hour" to thank the guests. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
September 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hammerhead7069 comfortable nights rest after a hard day at work!!!
This property is well kept and the front desk staff are great and very helpful. breakfast is hot and ready in the morning before you departing for work. every need was met and with such a great staff i would stay again.
September 24, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Neverstayingagain NeverStayingAgain
I never write reviews but this is the worst service I have ever experienced with holiday inn express. I am never staying at this place again. I stayed there for three days and not even a single day stay was pleasant.
1. I arrived past midnight and had to pass through the double door to get to the reception. I passed through the first door and stood at the second door for 5 minutes. It did not open and I touched the door and it did open. I walked in and the receptionist was busy playing on the phone. He greeted me saying if I wanted a room. He asked me how I got in and I said I touched the second door since it was not opening. He almost screamed at me saying i cannot do that and need to press the buzzer. I asked him where the buzzer was and he told me that I need to start looking at my surroundings and not be looking straight. I was very disappointed at this point and he threatened me saying if I wanted the room or not for touching the second door. He said he does not have to give me the room even though I had the reservation. I told him that there has to be a sign on the second door that if the door is not opening. How in the world am I supposed to know that I have to press the buzzer. I also thought that the employees need to see who is coming/leaving instead of playing on the phones.
2. Since I did not have any other option and it was too late. I did not want to argue any further and told him to give me the room.
3. I gave him my priority club number only to find out after three days that he cared less about the number and did not feed into the system.
4. After checking me in, he walked out and showed me where the buzzer was. I told him how in the world am I supposed to see the buzzer which is all the way in the corner and there is no sign anywhere on the door.
5. On the second day, I asked for an extra set of towels and did not get the towels for 3 hours. I was told that they usually dont have extra set of towels. I have to wait till they do the laundry and get the fresh towels.
6. Phone and internet in the room was not working. I am not sure why the room had two phones which were not working. The internet was playing a hide a seek game because you never know when you will have the connection.
September 23, 2014