Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 16
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SammyandNancy Great new Hotel
Will stay here from now on when we go to the coast!!!
Only two ways to make our stay better would have been:
1. to supply a DVD player in the room
2. to complete our Suite by putting a sideboard and tv in the sitting room area.
November 19, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 1weddingguest1 Good for overnight
Walls were very thin and we could hear the loud noises of our loud neighbors. I was too tired to call the desk. At 4 AM they finally quieted down. Air conditioning was quiet loud and the room had a bad odor, like dirty mop water or something.
November 6, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Laura24 Stay at Holiday Inn
I've been staying here quite often lately and for the most part the experience is overall rated as 4 out of 5.
Things that need improvement (cons:#
1. Breakfast - add oatmeal option w/nuts, raisins & brown sugar #pretty standard at Marriott's, etc...) and get rid of the egg folded over cheese taco or bring back the one that at least had other items then just "cheese" in it.
2. Additionally the night shift needs to be more respectful of those staying on the 1st floor. They have the TV in the lobby way too loud. Also, security of whose coming in and out of the building at night needs to be increased. There was a person who was obviously intoxicated wondering the halls not too long ago and was very rude & loud as he walked around banging on doors. This is not acceptable for safety reasons.
3. Hotel cleaning rooms also needs to improve. If the ironing board is out, it should be put up when the room is cleaned. Tissues need to be checked and refilled and maybe an extra box needs to be left in the room.
4. The gym equipment could use some cleaning and some wipes could be kept in that room so others can wipe down the machines when finished.
Overall its a nice place but the details need to be focused on in some areas.
October 14, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Nabu A Pearl in the Oyster
I work in Aransas Pass and stayed here with points for a week. Amazing breakfast quality: alternating scrambled eggs or cheese omelette, bacon or sausage patty, and biscuits with ground beef in gravy. I enjoyed the yogurt, milk, bananas, and several juice choices--real juice, not flavored sugar water. Rooms were very comfy, although I would have preferred a shower suite, this was a choice issue, not a quality problem. They always offer a free USA Today and a well-stocked snack shop. The only con I have is the issue that ALL HIEs have: weak WIFI! I have used the HIE often in Texas and have always enjoyed their quality and excellent professional staff. This HIE is no slouch either. Just be advised that the only vehicle exit from the hotel opens to a two lane road under construction (they're widening the road). But then again, you can eat at the steak house immediately in front of the hotel (same side of the road) and wait for the traffic to die down.
September 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by TL68 Excellent Customer Service
I'm a platinum member and the Holiday Inn Corpus Christi recognized me upon check-in and provided an upgraded room for my family's 3 night stay. The rooms were clean and the furnishings were new. The is also a wider selection for the inclusive breakfast at this Holiday Inn than most.
Unfortunately, somehow ants found their way onto our bed. Ms. Jess, from the front office, profusely apologized and offered to move us to a different room for the last night. Because the room was paid for with priority points, she offered to reimburse a portion of the points for the trouble caused. We sincerely thank Ms. Jess for doing her best to rectify a situation that was out of her control.
I would highly recommend this property for their product offering, friendliness of staff, and excellent customer service.
September 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Britton1947 Very Comfortable bed and wonderful service.
Had great service, no problems and the staff was very helpful.
August 22, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ScottV Disappointed
I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels around the US, and this was one of the worst thanks to their staff. It was a holiday weekend, so they were busy. I added an extra night at the beginning of my stay because I was able to arrive sooner than expected. When checking in, I wasn't acknowledged as a platinum member. I was basically treated like I was disrupting something else going on. I wasn't even asked for my ID or credit card (I paid with points). The next day, the cleaning ladies didn't even walk into our room. The next day, they came by and said they would be back since we were leaving shortly. I think they took out the trash and left us some clean towels. Nothing more. Finally, we got our room cleaned on the next day. The staff was rude the entire time. I go that area often. I stayed in Rockport last time, and I would much rather stay there than this location.
July 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Guest24 Great
Hotel. Comfortable and good location. Great.
June 4, 2013