Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 172
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mr. Style Nice hotel
This is a nice hotel. Unfortunately, San Jose has to be one of the most expensive cities to stay in - more than NYC! This is a nice hotel and they treat me very well.
Its an older hotel with room doors to the outside, but very well kept up and the staff is very good.
There is some road noise from the street out front, but most of the rooms are far enough back its not a problem unless you sleep with windows open.
usual Holiday Inn breakfast food, small pool and hot tub (outdoor), and a nice fitness room with a pull-up bar and the usual machines.
March 30, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by AeroD Need more USB portals on the wall
For business travelers it is becoming essential to have USB charging portals provided in the hotel room.
March 28, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Walter1954 Not satisfy
I don't feel confortable at all during the 2 days staying over there. I don't think I'll go back again.
March 19, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by SomePatron I won't be staying here again
Corporate travel booked me in this hotel for a week of working in San Jose. I've stayed at most of the other Holiday Inn Express hotels in the area and I can assure you that this is the worst of the batch. Here are a few of my complaints:
1. The walls are thin. Each morning I was woken up by the alarms of the neighboring rooms. I could make out every phone conversation of my neighbors and the sounds of the doors slamming shut on the rooms kept me up late and woke me up early.
2. The breakfast area is practically nonexistent. I like to stay at HIE hotels when I'm working for the free breakfast, however if you can't sit down to eat the breakfast it defeats the point. This hotel had just a few tables and there was always a wait.
3. I was woken up by someone banging on my door in the middle of the night. The person looked pretty sketchy and it wasn't easy to get back to sleep after.
4. I was charged an early departure fee. I'm a platinum member at IHG and I've canceled reservations at 5:30pm before without trouble. After the terrible experience I had here I booked in another HIE nearby and this hotel charged me seventy-five bucks to leave. Worst still, I did not earn points for the additional charge. That's a pretty bad experience.
5. The area isn't very nice. I went to a store for a snack on my second evening and the store owner told me that I shouldn't be walking around at night in the area. I know that's not the fault of the hotel, but I feel it's important to people deciding where to stay.
March 18, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by James12322 Better than expected
I didn't expect that a HI express could be so nice, this hotel is clean and has enough place for parking, close to a grocery store, and offers nice service
March 15, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by tules Great service and easy access to rooms
Staying at this place is a great experience starting with the stuff they're always there to help you and beds are so comfortable, their stuff are always polite, It's a great place to stay, I'll recommend it.
March 11, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bellman12 Family Fun and cared about us
The staff at this location were great. they expressed a true care and interest in me and my family, and were looking for ways to make our stay better. We had an issue with the refrigerator in our room, and they quickly set us up in another room. Everyone slept great, as we always do at Holiday Inn Express', and I look forward to future stays at this and other Holiday Inn Express Hotels, as it is my preferred hotel of choice.
March 9, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Happy Camper today Nice Hotel
I felt at home at this hotel. The rooms are well kept and noise was not an issue. I would definitely recommend this place.
March 8, 2015