Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Big1Juan Nice and New HIE
I enjoyed my 2 day stay in denver at this hotel. It sets the bar higher for all the others to attain.
March 4, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Holly83 Several things gone WRONG
I several items to discuss....
1) When I made the reservations several weeks back I specified that I wanted adjoining rooms (I made reservations for 2 standard queen rooms) they said they would make a note of the request. A few days before arriving I called to check on our request. At that time I was informed that the adjoining rooms are a standard queen room and a king room and my reservation was for 2 standard queen rooms. So now it was too late, those rooms were already booked. That would have been nice to have been informed at the time of reservations!
2) My 2 daughters and I had bought new swimming suits upon our arrival to Denver the day of check in. When we checked in the hot tub was closed for repairs. Two days later the hot tub was up and functioning so we sat in the hot tub one evening and while we were soaking I noticed that my daughters 'hot pink" suit was now purple, my "Aztec" multi-colored suit was now totally different colors and my other daughters bright blue suit was now grey. We got out and went to our rooms. My youngest daughters arms and legs broke out in a rash and she complained of it feeling like a sun burn. My other daughter and I started itching over our entire body. I went to report the incident to the front desk and another guest over heard our conversation and said she was just in the hot tub and she stated that while she was in the hot tub she experienced her lungs feeling like they were burning & trouble breathing. The girl on duty at the desk said the manager would contact us as soon as she was in.......We checked out Tuesday (3 days later) and NEVER heard from anyone!! We did go to Walgreens and buy hydro-cortisone cream for our skin and it cleared up, and we went back to Kohls and bought new suits! It would have been common courtesy for the manager to call on us to see how our skin condition was doing and if they could reimburse us for ruining our NEW suits! I have the reciepts!
3) I used the fitness center 5 days while I was there. I reported the TV remote not working the first day I used it, still didn't work the next day or the next. I had to run the TV with the TV controls on the back of the mounted TV. I also reported that the clock on the wall (too high for me to reach) was not set to correct time & was not working (it was never the correct time over the 5 days). And maybe this is normal, but the room temperature was set to 85 degrees, for me that is miserable to work out in.
4) On the 2nd floor, right outside the elevator, the base board was off the wall with the nails sticking out. I reported it to the front desk, and the next morning the board had been completely removed.
So in review.....if you are just going to sleep in your room and not use the pool or the exercise facilities, the rooms are spacious, clean, and roomy. But when I am staying in a hotel for 6 days I am using the entire facility. I was frustrated and felt I should have been contacted by the manager with all of the "incidents" that occurred!
At this time I cannot recommend this property to friends and colleagues. Perhaps if we would have been approached during our stay, my attitude would be different? Perhaps after they are open and operating for over a year things will improve?
February 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mickeyd Top notch hotel
Great staff and always willing to help. This is a great location to stay.
February 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mickeyd Denver
Excellent location with top notch staff. Great location and staff will go out of their way to help anyway they can.
January 29, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by lew6 Excellent place to stay in Denver
Hotel and staff are excellent! Right off I-25 in North Denver. Didn't like the I-25 traffic...but oh well. Hotel is clean, new, and spacious. Front desk clerks were very friendly and able to take care of any needs.
Only two complaints about the whole stay -
1. the garbage trucks picked up the garbage on the back side of the hotel at random times - 4am, 9pm , etcetera... the banging and clanging of the lids woke me up more than once.
2. Carpenters must of been working in room above us, as the hammering started around 6:30am each morning (except sunday) - so was not able to sleep in at all.
All in all a good hotel experience though - their breakfast was amazing!
January 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KonaSand Friendly and helpful staff!
We found the place super clean. The staff were very accomadating.
Will stay here again!
January 20, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by gyoung639 Value
Good experience - good hotel. Nice and warm on very cold nights.
January 19, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Dcash Cash Not Wanted
When I checked in on Friday evening, I told the desk clerk, Sarah, that I wanted to pay cash. She said that I could choose to pay cash at check out, but she would need to authorize a credit card for the full amount due for two days. Sarah insisted on authorizing a credit card in spite of receiving payment in full in cash. The form that I signed at check-in indicated that the property authorized for $10/day above room rate for incidentals, so I thought $20 on the credit card would be adequate.
Hot tub was more like a warm tub; bathtub in the room was better.
January 10, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by cincity66 Christmas Break
My son and I both got sick a few days into our vacation. The hotel staff was most accommodating in providing me with Lysol wipes at 3:30 a.m. rather than me having to go out in the cold to the nearest convenience store. Because we were sick, neither of us slept great but it was not because of the beds or pillows being uncomfortable. The temperature control in the room was excellent. We enjoyed the modern interior design. We had breakfast only one day during our stay, but the choices and quality were quite good. The only drawbacks we would mention is the bathroom fan was not working, the housekeeping service didn't restock in-room coffee (but was excellent otherwise), and they were out of coffee the one time we went down for breakfast.
January 9, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by gumper Nice place
One complaint, breakfast should have started at 6 am, instead of 7am
January 3, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jsquared Friendly staff
One of the better Holiday Inn Express we have stayed in.
We are scheduled to return to the Denver area, in Mar., weather permitting, and will make use of this facility
January 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by stefano67 new, fresh upgrades to enjoy
I appriciate the upgrades and changes in design that you are including into newer H.I. Express hotels in the U.S.
This is a great example. Keep improving your properties.
I enjoyed staying here and will again.
January 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Seahawk50 Denver Business
The staff here was great and understanding. They provided professinal and quality service to me and I will definitely stay here again. The manager and Sara at the front desk were very helpful.
December 21, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Devildog24 Awesome
I go to Denver about 3 or 4 weeks out of the year and i always wondered why there wasnt a holiday inn in that part of Denver, now you've taken care of that and made my traveling easier. Thanks.
December 18, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SatisifedCustomer Not just another hotel
We were visiting our son who lives in "southern" Thornton" and the location could not have been better. We easily traveled though surface streets and I-25 (which was convenient to access).
Right from the moment we walked in the staff was extremely pleasant, friendly, and professional.
The complimentary breakfast was very good. Food and service areas were kept clean and well stocked. The staff person was busy but very friendly and personable.
I would recommend this hotel and will definitely plan on staying there upon our return to the area.
Management should be proud of this property and staff.
December 4, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jess87 Very nice!
Had a very nice stay! Rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, and nieces and nephews had a blast in the pool! Great price also. Easy to get to from I-25.
November 30, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by David58 Denver Trip
Spent 3 nights here while visiting our son who lives in Boulder. Great hotel...excellent location. Enjoyed our stay. Will stay here again and reccomend this all travellers!
November 27, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BeckyC Great Hotel !
This is a new hotel and the decor is very modern. The staff is helpful and friendly, the breakfast fantastic and the rooms very comfortable. I will stay here alot while I am in Denver.
November 19, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PRsola :)
I have the best stay in Denver so far! Excellent service and positive attitude.
November 15, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by WanderingMinstrel Outstanding Service
Excellent hotel. Nice amenities. Outstanding service from the staff.
Also, please note that some restaurants in the immediate vicinity offer a 10% discount to those staying at this hotel.
This hotel is definitely on my "repeat visit" list.
November 13, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great Staff, very Friendly
When we checked in the clerk was so friendly and very helpful. We could not have felt more welcome, The room was very clean and we enjoyed the pool. Thanks for the welcome experience. We will recommend this Hotel to our friends and we will stay again when we are in the area.
November 9, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DesertDoc New lodge with comfortable rooms
Very nice, clean property. Service was great. Location next to major freeway for easy on/off access.
November 8, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by fredy Hotel
The Hotel was very well kept up, there was fresh coffee and the staff was very nice and very pleasent.
October 17, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by aandu Fantastic Service
wanted you guys to know what a great job in customer service Sarah the manager on duty did during my recent stay. From relocating us on a timely manner due to a non working TV to suggesting a local place to eat. She was always available and made sure myself and my family had everything we needed during our stay. We will definitely stay at this hotel again next time we are traveling through Thornton,Colorado...SO THANK YOU Sarah and Holiday Inn.
September 29, 2012