Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 159
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NLK43 Friendly and Accommodating Management
Everyone at the Reservation Desk was very friendly and eager to help. This was also true of the person helping with the complimentary breakfast.
September 30, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by A LOUSY EXPERIENCE Stay somewhere else
Rude discourteous night clerk to problem with barking dog. Lied to by night clerk about her name. Manager did nothing to solve the problem. The food was inedible.
September 29, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Julia K Not good experience
Not a bad hotel overall, but I had several issues with my stay. Most importantly, I returned to my room one night and noticed my door was open from halfway down the hall! Clearly maid service had cleaned the room and not shut the door completely. Thankfully everything was there, but strangely all the pillows from one bed were thrown on the other bed and one was even left on the floor! When I went to the front desk to let management know, the woman at the front was not concerned in the slightest and barely even looked up from the computer while I was talking.
Upon move in the room was not very clean: there was hair in the bathroom, trash that had missed the can in the bathroom, and some plastic in the sink. There were numerous marks and stains on the walls, bed spreads, and curtains. The picture above the bed had wadded up kleenex between the frame and the wall. Made the room overall seem unclean.
The walls are also extremely thin, so when my neighbors got up one morning at 4 am I could hear every word and movement. The doors to the rooms also need to be slammed shut to actually close so there is constant loud noise throughout the day and night.
Besides the one woman I spoke to regarding the open door, the staff was very nice.
September 26, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Keeki Disappointed this time -
I have stayed here before and was disappointed this time. The overall cleanliness of the property as well as my room were not what they were before. Staff at check-in did not answer my questions although staff at check-out was very pleasant. Overall, disappointment is the best word. I'm not sure I'll stay here again as there are other choices in the area.
September 25, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by chaddyobx Clean rooms, friendly staff
I enjoy this Holiday Inn Express -- conveniently located in town. Rooms and breakfast areas were tidy, and the staff is very friendly. Only thing left to be desired is the fitness area, which is pretty small with only 2 treadmills and a seated bike.
September 21, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rlreynolds Best Value In Hotels
The cleanest rooms for the money and friendly staff makes the stay wonderful , I will always stay with HIE.
September 17, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jvan28 Nice Hotel with friendly staff
One of the best hotels in the area. Stay here on your next business trip.
September 17, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jason C. Staff great. Walls too thin. Internet N/A
I found the staff friendly enough - my issues were otherwise:
1. The walls were entirely too thin. I heard every word of the conversations between the two male guests next door, who were speaking at normal voice levels. I learned their likes and dislikes about their jobs, their TV channel and program preferences, their movie reviews, their family lives, etc.
2. If not for the 110v AC extension cord I brought, I would not have been able to conveniently charge my iPhone and iPad at bedside (my iPhone serves as my alarm clock).
3. I never got connected to the hotel's internet. I called the front desk about it but they were unable to provide a tech support number to assist me in getting connected. - I ended up using my personal phone plan access point, reducing the amount of GB's I had available in the future.
4. The nearby train crossing and obnoxiously loud and repetitive whistle late at night awoke me from what little sleep I did get, between the neighbor's conversations deep into the night.
5. The bathroom light burned out the first night. Though the maid serviced the room later in the day, it was not fixed. The second and third mornings I showered in the dark. Fortunately, I'v had a lifetime to learn where everything on my body is located.
September 14, 2015