Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by TerriSt Not a bad stay, but a few things could be better
First and foremost, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, clean hotel with easy access to the major roads. Next time I am in the area, I will certainly return to this hotel.
That being said, I see a few things that could have made my stay EXCELLENT as opposed to GOOD.
1. There was no recognition of my Priority Club status. Many hotels give you a goody bag upon check-in as a bonus for your club status. Nothing at all here.
2. The pool doesn't open until 9 AM, but breakfast hours end at 9:30 SHARP. Typically, my family likes to have a quick swim, breakfast, and then check-out. We had to do breakfast before the swim, which admittedly isn't a big deal, but if you listen to your mother, you shouldn't swim after a meal. LOL. I just wish the pool opened earlier for people who want to take a quick lap before getting on the road.
3. The staff who manned the breakfast area weren't the friendliest. One walked around with a frown on her face while the other raced around the area getting in the way of the guests. There were no acknowledgements of the guests (a "hi, good morning" would have gone a long way to making people feel welcomed instead of in the way). Garbage cans were filled to the brim when we arrived for breakfast and had not been emptied by the time we left.
4. The vending machine for drinks on the fourth floor took my money and wouldn't vend anything. The staff member at the desk gave us a bottle of water to rectify the situation. However, a note was not put on the machine indicating that it was out of order so other guests would not have the same issue. The machine was still malfunctioning and there was no indication not to use the machine on the day that we left. Again, this isn't a big deal, and I suspect that a vending company takes care of the machine, but shouldn't a staff member have dealt with alerting others of the problem so other guests wouldn't lose their money, too?
5. On the second day of our stay, our room keys decided to stop working. We were carrying a sleeping toddler and multiple packages to our room when this occurred. We trudged downstairs with our obviously full hands to get the problem rectified. The woman working the desk gave us replacements and turned back to her colleague to continue their discussion. I kind of expected to hear an "I'm sorry this happened. Please accept our apologies". But, nothing was said other than "here's some replacement keys".
This hotel has potential to be a superb hotel with some minor changes. I hope management takes reviews seriously and makes the necessary changes to improve guest experience.
February 24, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Chris07 Excellent Stay
My time at the Webster Holiday Inn Express was very enjoyable.
I had to stay there due to business commitments for over two weeks, and had to extend my stay twice. The staff was able to advise and accommodate me which was a great relief. The staff there are very friendly making for an enjoyable experience.
January 20, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BGreen Great Service
Front desk staff were very helpful. Provided a shuttle ride for guests while we were in town for New Years.
January 6, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ChristopherPM We had a nice time!
We had a very nice time. We rented two rooms, one King Suite and one Queen suite. The rooms were clean and much larger than we had anticipated. The staff were all friendly and answered every question. The location was good for us and close proximity to a nice shopping center with decent places to eat. The only demerits are for the pull out sofa bed (which just was not comfortable) and the pillows on the bed (ditto).
December 9, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Traveler6229 Webster
Had a great stay at this hotel, the staff was pleasent and rooms were spotless
December 5, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Cwalker3 Excellent Overall
Best HIX I've ever stayed at. Outstanding in every way.
December 4, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Danie Great Location
Very nice staff! The park behind the hotel is beautiful! The gym is very nice. Enjoyed my visit!!
December 3, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HOLA RM 232
THE STAFF MADE MY LONG STAY SEEM SHORT. THE BEST TO EVERYONE THIS HOLIDAY. HOPE TO SEE YOU AUG.2013 FOR PGA GOLF TOURMENT AT OAKHII C.C.
November 26, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by GFamily Accommodating Accommodations
Holiday Inn Express was once one of my "NOT THERE" choices for travel, but the Webster location proves that the upgrades are finally taking hold. Very pleased!
November 2, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by KOLIG60 Good visit except for 2nd night
We had a wonder experience at your hotel, except for the 2nd night.
at 12:30 AM a crowd of folks were very loud on our floor (2nd). finally at 1:30 after we could not sleep we had to call down to the desk to ask that they come up to the floor and take care of the noise.
With all the cameras on the fllor the staff should have seen the activity much earlier and put a stop to it much sooner. Other than that our visit was fine.
Also your price was rather high for the area.
October 18, 2012