Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by licMarina50 Very nice hotel & services
several times has been in south Texas & always prefered this hotel.
May 15, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by RRMayor Very much in need of TLC
While I have stayed at this location multiple times and have always found the Staff to be very friendly, courteous and helpful the overall facility is showing it's age and needs some refreshing/refurbishing.
May 10, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by badlands0330 Weslaco 4-18-2013
As a regular customer and Priority Club member with Holiday Inn, I have come to enjoy the consistency that the Holiday Inn Express brand provides. Frankly though, our stay in Weslaco, TX on 4-18-2013 was a notable exception.
It was noted and many of the following were brought to the attention of the front desk:
1. there was a bath towel that had been previously soiled, stained, washed and re-stocked in our bathroom.
2. the shower head was filthy with green corrosion and some other brown slimy substance
3. the wall adjacent to the bathtub/shower was stained with hand grim from other guests placing their hands there as they likely leaned in to adjust the water temp.
4. there were no "firm" and "soft" pillows. Each of our 4 pillows on our bedding was simply a soft, well-used foam pillow.
5. the room decor items such as the desk and chairs were chipped and appeared to be extremely well-used.
6. the room had a foul, chemical-like odor that seemed to be an attempt to disguise that the room had either once been a smoking room and/or hide some other issue
7. the water line attachment from the wall to the toilet tank was rusted, corroded and filthy. Although this isn't something you'd normally handle as a guest, it's condition was clear as you stepped from the shower and spoke to the overall rooms appearance and condition.
We had planned to stay at this location for our 3 night stay in the Rio Grande Valley area. But given this rooms condition, we checked out the morning of 4-19 and re-located to a Holiday Inn Express in Mission, TX for the balance of our stay.
Although the front staff was understanding and apologetic for the issues, and did offer to move us to a "suite" room as well as reduced our nights charge by 20% without us asking, at no time did the manager speak directly to me. He or she WAS in the office behind the front desk guiding the front staff next steps but never stepped out to speak directly to me. Later, as we were leaving, the housekeeping manager did come to the room so I could give her a quick walk-thru of the issues. Frankly, I didn't have to leave the bathroom before she knew she'd seen enough.
As I told the front staff as I politely declined the generous suite offer, our rooms condition, I felt, possibly spoke to the overall cleanliness of the hotel. Although this stay was disappointing, this does not change my overall view of the Holiday Inn Express brand and we will continue to use HIE for upcoming over-night stays.
April 24, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by carolshe Good Choice
The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was exceptional for a self-serve; more like a custom order. The only things lacking were trash cans. Hated that the sprinklers went off early morning and my vehicle now has hard-water spots all over the new wax job. Still, I'd go back if the opportunity arises.
March 8, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by StorminNorman NO REFRIGERATOR IN ROOM
We greatly enjoy our yearly visit to Weslaco and stay at the Holiday
Inn Express but glaring and inconveniencing to the stay is the lack
of a small refrigerator in the room!
March 7, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Radical Easy access to expressway
Friendly staff and comfortable setting
The pool area is a nice place to relax
February 20, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Larry0154 Very good value for the cost.
The staff is excellent, courteous, and responsive.
January 31, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by fatboy2k Older but wiser
Great gentrified property that lacks all of the do dads to plug in all the new millennium gear but clean and well priced! The breakfast bar was awesome thanks guys!
January 22, 2013