Rated 3,7 out of 5 by 49
Rated 1,0 out of 5,0 by NoMoreHIExpressForMe Would rather have slept in my car
I have to believe this property sees few repeat guests. It appears to be oriented to oil field workers and/or families, not business travelers.
A family with 2 boys (8 or 9 YO) was booked in the room above me. What a joke. They ran, jumped, and treated the room like a playground. My room literally shook every time they ran around (from 7PM to 10:45PM). I asked the staff to speak to them and the staff called me to say the family wasn't making any noise!
Where do I start with the sub-standard property?
1) No heater. It was in the 40's and the heater did not work.
2) The toilet seat had urine from the previous guest on it.
3) The towels were as thin as paper and rough as sandpaper.
4) Forget the elevator, took several minutes to arrive (no one was in it) and of course, took several minutes to get to the upper floor.
5) The printer ink in the business center had been out for days (evidenced by all of the documents in the print queue that had not been printed). Why couldn't someone just go to an office supply store?
6) The breakfast rolls seemed to be at least a day old, perhaps more; at any other Holiday Inn Express, the rolls are great.
7) The shower button was broke and provided a jolting shock of cold water as it flowed immediately from the shower head instead of the lower faucet.
8) The microwave light was extremely bright; had to be covered.
9) The hotel has a once booked, no refund policy.
10) The fishtank was immaculate. If they spent as much time worrying about guests as they do their fishtank, maybe the experience would have been better.
11) No control over their guests - put kids on an upper floor (reverberating their running around to all rooms below); shows this hotel staff as not very guest-orientated. Then, to call me twice to say the people aren't being noisy was surreal! I was trying to sleep.
One of the WORST experiences in my global travels and I have a lot of experience to compare this to. I will never stay at this Holiday Inn Express and will probably not stay at ANY Holiday Inn Express.
9 de diciembre de 2013
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by Rosie1957 Great Service
I have not been to Pearland in 10 years and not knowing the area other than a memory, our experience, convience, and staff were exceptional! Great Job!
8 de diciembre de 2013
Rated 1,0 out of 5,0 by StorminNormin Very Disappointed...Yet Again
This is my second time staying at this hotel. After my first stay, I said I would never stay there again, but this time I had no choice as all hotels in Houston were sold out.
I had meetings in Houston and normally would stay close to my meeting area but had no choice but to stay at this hotel and I brought in a lot of people to stay also.
#1 - The walls are VERY PAPER thin at this hotel and you can hear anything the person next or above you is doing.
#2 - As a Platinum Ambassador, most hotel put me on the top floor far from the elevator. Here I was on the 2nd floor near the elevator. I heard the people next to me, above me, and people filling their ice chest from the ice machine at 3am.
#3 - Breakfast was not ready on-time in the morning. This was a BIG DEAL! Breakfast should be ready at 6am and since I had to travel 1 hour to get into Houston to be on-time for a meeting, I needed to eat at 6am and leave at 6:45am. Breakfast was not ready until 6:40am so I was unable to eat and had to starve until lunch was served at my meeting. There was not even coffee available from 6am until 6:40am while I waited. This was unacceptable!!! I sat in the dark working on my laptop for a breakfast that never came.
#4 - The the business center printer was out of printer toner.
#5 - The ice machine did not work on the floor of one of my co-workers.
I have never had a good experience at this hotel. I am sure I will get a "canned" response apologizing for this and that the hotel hopes I will give a second chance, but I have already given a second chance and nothing has changed from the first time.
17 de noviembre de 2013