Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by winnie2013 Poor front desk service
To whom it may concerns,
I stayed in room 730 for two nights, the overall experience is good because the main purpose of this trip is ski, and I did enjoy the ski facilities there. However, as a new opening hotel and I think I should comments for the services I received from the holiday inn resort, for better improvement.
a) Lack of greetings: for these 3 days, every time when I approached to the front desk, none of the receptionists greet me first, they just kept their head down looking at their computer, and I have to greet them first and told them my requests.
b) Lack of smile
c) Lack of service attitude: when I checked in, there’s something wrong with my booking, so I have to wait for the confirmation from the reservation department. However, during the waiting period, I was expecting the receptionist who checked me in to follow up on the reservation department. In fact, after waiting for around 20 minutes, I went back to check with her, she then called the reservation and said I can check in, which means it could be her kept me waiting for 20 minutes, and she wasn’t busy at all at that time. And I asked the front desk twice for first-aid kit for band-aid, they told me don’t have one.
d) Poor check in and check out: the lady who helped me checking in, didn’t introduce the hotel facilities to me, where’s the pool, where’s the business center, where’s the restaurants, how to get to the ski place, whether there’s a gift shop… didn’t tell me anything. And my package is including breakfast, didn’t tell me about where and when to have it. And during my checked out, the receptionist didn’t ask me anything about my stay experience, didn’t offer or ask me if I need to store my luggage or airport transportation.
Overall, front desk is quite important for the hotel, first impression is always the most important thing. Hope my comments will help.
March 4, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MaTCh During busy travel season, avoid at all cost
Avoid at all cost during busy travel season. Hotel cannot cope with many guests.
Booked a superior room, got a very spacious (approx. 60 sqm) deluxe room as platinum upgrade. One large bedroom with living room area (couch and chair), bathroom with tub and shower, seperate restroom. Storage room for ski clothes and boots.
No the bad begins
- Check-in staffed by two, despite they knew a bus was coming with 60 or more people (shuttles to all scheduled flights into NBS), no platinum check-in desk
- Hotel was sold out, which was expected over new year
- Hotel cannot cope with all rooms sold out: All facilities are too small. Want a quick breakfast at 8 am before hitting the slopes? Please line up for 30 minutes. The main restaurant isn't a restaurant, but feels like a canteen.
- Horrible breakfast quality
- Overcrowded pool area that isn't kept very clean
- Bad construction quality: Pool area windows aren't installed properly, massive mould around them already
- Want a quick bite with your coffee at the lobby bar? Go the restaurant, food only there, despite its just next door, coffee only in the lobby bar though. Despite they list cocktails, food etc. in the lobby bar menu, food is in the restaurant and bar only, cocktails only at the bar, no coffee at the bar despite listed there
- They ran out of stuff: Chicken, toast, Tequilla amongst others
- Sloppy, untrained house keeping: Used glases where emptied and put back into the shelve. No rinsing, no washing. The room was not vacuumed once in the whole week we were there.
- The ashtrays at the elevators were full one day, cram-full the next, and on the floor the day after.
- No fruit, no water, no platinum amenity, despite listed as guaranteed benefits in China
- Ski-in/out facilities not ready. You take your skis up to your room and walk through an overcrowded lobby every day. Very convenient...
- Staff was trying, but obviously tired and stressed out. Some served the bar until we left at 10 pm, just to be seen at breakfast at 7.30 am again.
- Duty manager didn't care.
January 19, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MaTCh Excellent hotel in new skiing area
Brand new Holiday Inn located at the new Wanda Changbaishan Skiing Area. Location is closer to the main entertainment area there as the other hotel complexes.
Wonderful staff, eager to please.
Large deluxe room, that is suitable for skiing holidays.
December 2, 2012