Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dickk3 Great Bar
Everyone took care of all my needs and the weather was also great
May 12, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mish10 Shocking service
The service levels were shocking. Staff were not well trained , did not have a good attitude & at times were actually hard to find in order to get any service at all. One staff member was very rude to 1 of the guests in our group. None of us will recommend this hotel as a result.
April 24, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by valerietta The ambiance is great in lobby and lounge
feel overpriced for overall what guests are expecting.
our patio door was hard to open and close cause fit was not right. bathroom tub slow drain... towel rack on wall was broken on one side.
The lounge was nice, we were here last yr. when you did not have liquor license yet so looked forward to our visit in the lounge this time. But out of corona the first nite and again the next. Not what you expect from again this high priced hotel.
We come each year for the good guy show so do not know if will stay again, not because the hotel isn't beautiful and pleasant just not up to par for the price.
April 13, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Granger Property on the cusp of greatness...
We stayed at the Hotel Indigo Del Mar last weekend and had a moderately pleasant experience. The property was clean and very pretty. There were many good things about our stay, and we left feeling that the hotel is on the cusp of being great, but lacks attention to detail. I'm going to provide some examples in the hope that if the staff can lock the little things down, the property can achieve greatness...
Here are some examples:
1) The drawer of the dresser between the 2 beds would not stay closed causing initial bodily bruising. We had to duct tape it closed ourselves. It's hard to believe no one was aware of this...
2) When we ordered room service for breakfast, the items on the menu we wanted were not available.
3) Our breakfast room service tray came with no sugar, not enough cream, and no salt and pepper.
4) The breakfast "hash" was greasy and indecipherable. The items in the hash were not cut of uniform size, and were way, way too big. Lazy mise en place.
5) The girl working the front desk, I think her name was Liana, was moody. Sometimes she was nice, and sometimes she was impatient and disdainful. She also got in an argument with a guest who wanted to wait for another front desk staff, male, name started with J I think. She took this situation out on the next guest in line and was very rude. She was very efficient and good at the content of her job, she just needs an attitude adjustment. Maybe she was just having a bad weekend.
6) Maid service was in the room next door, and saw us leaving our room. In spite of this, when we returned 3 hours later, the room had not been attended to. We had to track someone down and ask for towels. When they finally cleaned the room, all they did was make the beds and leave the towels. No new glasses, no new coffee cups, no restocking of the sugar packets we depleted when we got no sugar with our room service coffee.
7) The room initially had one bar of soap for the sink, no soap in the shower.
8) We ordered sweet potato fries at the bar late one evening after a wedding with not enough food and too much alcohol... They delivered regular french fries. When we noted this, the attitude was "hey, they're fries, it's late." Like I said, lacking in attention to detail. They did fix it, but really, this cannot be accomplished? Why have several selections on the menu if you're just going to throw whatever you want at the customer because it's late and you're busy or want to go home?
9) One of the other guests near us had children. Their parents allowed these children to run stomping up and down the walkway outside our room early in the morning; back and forth, back and forth for over 40 minutes. People have children, they are loud sometimes, it's all good. But maybe when guest check in with kids, just remind them that there are other guests and to do their best to make sure the kids are quiet early in the am. Or put all the guests with kids in one area. Or ask people when they check in if they are ok being in a section with kids. Not being able to sleep in on vaca isn't nice, especially when you're paying that much for a room. It's not a Disney Hotel.
1) The property is gorgeous.
2) Someone named Jason who works in the restaurant was very good, responsive and helpful.
3) LOVE the AVEDA.
4) The room was spacious and clean.
5) The bathroom was great and really functional.
6) The simple bacon and eggs breakfast we ordered was just fine.
7) We did get a second bar of soap for the shower on the second day. Maybe it's one bar of soap per day... Penitentiary style...
8) The location is great, close to other things in Del Mar.
9) The bar, restaurant, and outdoor seating by the rooms is really great. Totally pleasant to sit out at night with a glass of wine and relax. Really pretty and well maintained.
This sounds pretty critical, but if you're reading this, I'd absolutely recommend this property. I'm just being super detailed because how can you expect someone to improve something if you don't tell them exactly what needs to be improved?
Stay here, you'll like it. And hopefully, they'll get the small stuff together soon.
April 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Marissaanngagne Fell in love with Del Mar
The week before Easter, my boyfriend and I stayed at the Indigo for a vacation / friends wedding. We were there for 6 nights. While we were there the staff was so friendly and accomodating. They put us in an area where we were close to a pool, patio and all our friends were nearby. The complimentary parking was excellent and found that not a lot of hotels offer this in that area. We really had a good time, in fact, on the plane ride home we had a conversation about how we could move to Del Mar. All in all it was an A+ vacation and we would definitely come back.
April 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Creekgirl Great ambience and amenities
We loved this inn! Great place to hang out in a beautiful community. The pools were lovely in the daytime and we sat by the fire pits at night. We would return in a heartbeat.
April 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0
by PatrickN Beautifully Equipped Rooms and Great Ocean View
This recently remodeled hotel provided an excellent stay. The rooms were spacious with beautiful decor. Each room offered a great ocean view. The hotel bar/restaurant offered great ambiance with outside fire pits for the cool evenings and the spacious interior was welcoming. The food offered by the restaurant was very good. Overall, my stay was one of the best I've experienced at an Intercontinental Hotel affiliated hotel.
March 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bbiernat72 always good experience
we are staying at the indigo for many years when we are in town for business. always great and helpful staff. Barbara always goes the extra mile to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
March 21, 2013