Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 11
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BigAmmo Nice new hotel and great value
Stayed here one night in conjunction with seeing a show at NJPAC. Nice decor - former bank incorporating numerous Thomas Edison inventions etc. Every staff person was extremely polite and helpful - reception, bartender and parking valet. The prices at the bar were a little high but service and food/drink very good. The only complaint about the room was that there was no place for my wife to put on her make up. The lighting in the bathroom was not sufficient and even if she could use the sink the mirror was just too far away. All said very good value and would stay here again.
January 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by R. Monteiro Exceptional Value - a hidden GEM
Very easy and quick hop from Newark, NJ airport (EWR). The staff is genuine and warm. I did have a front street room, which was a little noisy until midnight (traffic noise), and as someone already noted - the shower should have two soap holders (for soap and shampoo) - maybe a little picky, but it would be my recommendation.
Other than that - this is going to be Newark area hotel going forward!
January 15, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by BlueIce92 Nice Option for Downtown Newark
- Great to have a hotel in downtown Newark with a full service restaurant and bar
- service staff very friendly, conscientious and responsive
- disappointed that the room did not have a refrigerator, or at least, complimentary bottled water
- the building is old, so I commend the architects who converted it into a hotel. But the sound proofing is almost non-existent. You can hear neighboring room noise ...including TVs, and annoying dog barking. The wood/concrete floor is a bit on the "industrial side", and doesn't help with noise or temperature control.
- I am not a fan of high-end hotels that allow pets. I had annoying barking dogs in a room on my floor. This is the primary reason I may not stay at this hotel again.
January 11, 2015