Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by SamuelBeijing Comfortable bed and quiet environment
The hotel is located closed to the bird stadium in Beijing city, and the 4-th rim. The overall environment is very good, quiet, and comfortable. The facilities are also very nice. Staff are always helpful. The only concern is parking - very limited parking positions.
June 14, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by rgrady3 Least Enjoyable IC Experience
I have stayed in IC hotels throughout the world, including several in Asia. I stayed at this one because of a conference I was attending at the nearby convention hall. This is the first IC where I would likely not come back. Here are some highlights:
1. Check-In: this was the first time my Ambassador benefits were not recognized/outlined. While I did receive my room upgrade, I had just renewed my status after some time so I was not familiar with what the benefits were at this hotel. Since this was not explained to me I avoided most of the amenities so as to not be over-charged.
2. The screen kept going out on my TV. Someone came up and fixed it, but when I came back to the room it didn't work again. Because it was later in the trip I did not call for another service person.
3. The "happy hour" in the Club Lounge actually takes during the dinner hours of 18:00-20:00. It was impossible to take advantage of this since dinner is always on the agenda for business trips. This is the most limited time-frame I have ever seen. Extremely disappointing. This was a waste of money and I would not recommend purchasing access.
4. Room was per normal IC properties: spacious with convenient work/rest spaces.
5. This was the first hotel I have ever stayed at where the restaurants are not well marked or described outside of the room guide. Not a big deal for me, but I did not visit them since I didn't know anything about them and wasn't sure they even had more than one restaurant until I stumbled on it at the end of my trip.
Overall, this was a typical IC property. Given items 1-3, it did not meet my expectations based on previous experience and was therefore not worth what I paid. I will not stay here again.
June 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Denb Excellent Staff and Service - Thank You
The hotel and staff are excellent and make for a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Beijing. My special appreciation to Sarah at the VIP lounge and Steven in the front office. Dennis
May 6, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by TommieOz Average experience
Stayed 4 nights at Intercontinental Beichen for the first time. Having stayed at other Intercontinental Hotels I was expecting the same experience. Unfortunately this was not quite the case. I found the staff at the hotel less welcoming, showing a lack of what I consider, basic customer service. The club lounge offerings in the evenings are far from the standard offered at other Intercontinental hotels. In my room, bed sheets were not changed during my stay. Cleanness of the room could be improved generally.
May 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Col11 Friendly Staff Great Stay
My family stayed at the Hotel in April, and the staff and the hotel were both excellent. They made sure to accommodated my two young girls, and we were able to fit in another bed in the room very easily.
The buffet breakfast was very good, and again they make sure that my two girls were happy. Overall a very goo stay.
April 24, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rogercool Excellent
Facility is great. staff service is great...really new hotel with big room space. close to Olimpic staff.
April 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by GIORGIO54 VERY GOOD SERVICE AND VERY GOOD ROOM
IS NOT MY FIRST TIME IN THE CHAIN OF THE HOTELS AND ALSO IN THIS TIME I RECEIVED A VERY GOOD SERVICE AND AN APPROPIRATE ASSISTANCE ON MY QUERY .
April 22, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by DanielQ memory stay
1. I booked a no-smoking room.but when i come to room, a big smell of cigarettes
2.the bath room sewer is blocked up,and the water come out all over the washing room, bad experience
3.Didn't have a kindly reminde about Royal Ambassodar benfit, such as i can use mini bar for free and so on
4. birthday cake is so late, and when the cake come, no gave any tools to eat
April 20, 2013