Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Macj Executive price for just a standard room
Having paid the "extra" for an executive room, we were expecting far superior. Reasons are as follows:
- General grubby appearance of room, carpet and furniture in need of renovation. Broken chair, lamp not working, broken "safety" latch on window, broken tiles and shoddy workmanship in bathroom including a very grotty plughole in the bath.
- Old tv with very poor signal.
- There was only one gown/robe available in the wardrobe.
- No "general information booklet" in room - tv had a menu of services which were NOT for this hotel! i.e. restaurant details were of a very nice looking place called "Elysee".
- Had originally booked a "Sea View" room online but had trouble with my booking, so ended up booking with a Chat Room Operator who then carried out the booking - (to be fair I thought I had checked everything once she had booked it, but must have misread it and not noticed that a seaview room had not been booked).
- Upon departure, we had every intention of reporting our disappointment but were even more disappointed when we didn't even get asked if we had enjoyed our stay - which then prompted me to write this negative review!
On a positive, the bed was comfortable with nice clean bedding and the towels were of nice quality. We were going to have an evening meal but went elsewhere due to the lack of information about the hotel restaurant "The Garden Room", however, we did enjoy the buffet breakfast the following morning! Good selection.
June 10, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Reward1 Reward Night - Wouldn't pay to stay (although staff were great)
Staff were very friendly at all hours and have no complaints at all about the service we recieved at check in and in the bar. There was an incident at breakfast - our table and chairs were cleared whilst we were in the queue for the hot buffet, but the incident was handle very quickly and did not have a negative impact.
Unfortunately the staff are let down by the actual accomodation. We were upgraded to the 4th floor - an Executive floor whuch quite frankly should not be allowed that title. Shabby doesn't quite cover it. if I would have paid (I stayed as a reward night) I would have bben incredibly disappointed. The landings are tired, the rooms clean but extremely run down. I have stayed in a number of holidays Inns, and this was the most tired of them all.
June 10, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jeannie276 Dated room.
Our room had a very dated look, no fridge and an old TV. The bathroom had cracked tiles and mouldy grout in some places. On arrival we were given a small bottle of water and a tiny stick of rock (between 2 people!). Not what I expect from being a platinum priority club member.
June 9, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MLLL Clean but weary
Clean hotel but certainly in need of a makeover. Décor is weary. The bed was small for a double.
Breakfast was ok but we had to pay an extra £19.00 when we were under the impression that this was included. We have stayed in two Holiday Inns recently where breakfast was included. Clearly there is no consistency and this is misleading. We also had to pay £18.00 to park the car so when the extras are taken into consideration we probably could have stayed in a more 'upmarket' hotel for a similar rate.
Staff were polite and helpful.
June 7, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AMayZhing Spot on
Right there on the spot. Brighton Beach seafront.
Could not have had a more delightful stay. Room was a bit dated but was at the rear of the building on the top floor. Very quiet, which is more than can be said for Brighton Beach.
The food in the evening was exceptional in the restaurant, and the breakfast was superb.
If we visited the Uk again it would be on our list.
June 6, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Comfortable bed but slow room service, and bad wi-fi in the room
The hotel except for the foyer, gave an impression of looking tired and the colour scheme chosen for the corridors at least in the floor we stayed was very dark and gave a gloomy atmosphere.
The wi-fi in the room was bad, connection came and went when there was slow!!
The arrangement to enter the garage to park the car was antiquated and had to remember to collect a token every time I returned, usually one would use the room key to enter the garage.
May 29, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by David123 Great location - Good service , nice room
Stayed for a night out as a Platinum Member on rewards, great welcome and room upgrade (not many HI's give this on rewards), safe secure parking at half price and far cheaper than on road or other car park. Great Wifi
Room was clan and large with a great view of the old Pier. On check out staff were really polite and friendly just as the check in staff were. Will be staying again soon in a couple of weeks for sure
May 19, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JESSIE31 great service
The holiday inn was perfectly situated for a girls weekend away. It was very clean and the staff were very helpful at all times. Would go back again.
May 16, 2013